fuel in oil!

24VChevy

Ram-Bow
Has anyone seen a injector leak so bad from under the solenoid that it sprays fuel with the valve cover removed? I had a truck in at the shop with a extra couple of gallons of oil (3-4). I pulled the valve cover to run it to find the leak and did not even need to use dye and a black light. The fuel was spraying out from under the solenoid cap area. It was hard to tell were as it was soo bad.

truck is a 2005 Dodge CR motor

I know the they can fail from too much pressure but I thought that they cracked at the tip to body area.

Anyone chim in as to why it failed? I pulled the injector and could not see any signs of a crack or blown seals.

Thanks

Malcolm

Normally they will fail at the soloniod before the body or tip will have problems.

Yes failures like that are common.

Malcom, that is very common and typically comes from running excessive pressure. There is a ball that is under the nut that holds the solenoid on. It will usually blow that ball right out the side of the injectors.

Thanks for the reply. I guess I will stick a rail pressure gauge on it. Just running a smarty. Who know what the customer set the pressure at. Has a stock CP3 so I don't think that it was related to too much fuel. Probably just a bad injector.

Thanks again

Malcolm

Back