Fuel leak @ front of head

diesel_importer

I just got a Reman engine fired up today and it's leaking fuel from a port on the front of the head. Does anyone have a part number for a freeze plug that will plug this off?
I'm pretty sure the rebuilder was in a hurry and left it out. Seems to be .375", but I can't find any info on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nobody?

I found a Dorman plug that should fit, I just want to make sure it will seal. I've never seen or heard of this port, didn't even know it was there.

I didn't know there was one on the front either. 5.9?

Yep. 2006 truck, customer bought the reman from Reviva. There are a couple of threaded holes in front, but there's one that isn't threaded, I guess that ties into the return channel.

The only threaded hole I remember was the 10 mm to hold the wiring harness out of the way of the pulleys. Learn something every day...

Interesting, I didn't know it was there either. Never really paid attention.

That hole is for fuel return. Get me a ESN and I will find the plug. It's should have a cut plug in it.
Also for those curious, when that plug starts leaking it typically indicated return restriction at the rear of the head or the return to the tank. I know that's not the case here. But it can happen

Same as a freeze plug. It's just used for machining and then plugged up

Got it plugged. I used a Dorman .375" freeze plug, can't remember the P/N. There was room for me to drive 2 in there. Worked perfect.

Back