Fuel Pressure PSI???????

dukcaln

Ok guys, I have a ATS Stage 3 Fuel sys, regulated return sys and Hypermax 190cc inj. I have a fuel pressure gauge as well. Where are most of you setting your fuel pressure at for best all around performance and safety? Currently, I have mine set at 55psi? Is more or less better and why? Pros and cons? Where should it be set and why?

I have Dieselsite's CPR-X system set at 60 psi. Running higher full pressure doesnt gain anything cuz these just supply the injector with fuel, and higher fuel psi's just make the pump work harder.

I have 155cc sticks and have my regulator set at 55psi as well. I ran it at 60psi for a while, but noticed that the pump made a lot more noise at 60psi rather than 55psi.

-French

I run my system at 68-70 psi year round.
Never had any issues with it set this high yet, but have heard that around 75-80 psi, the o-rings on the injectors will start to roll off/out/blow out.

Let's just say that there is 0 gain on the dyno going from 20 psi to 80 psi as long as the volume is there. And pressure is no substitute for volume.

PV=nRT shows us that pressure can be a substitute for volume.

But the "ideal gas law" does not take into account the molecular attractions...so that theory is flawed. LMAO

I prefer to call it Avogadro's hypothesis as it is far too flawed to be a law....

Last edited:
:wrong: I think theres a spammer on gogo you need to go take care of.

55-60 is recomended By FASS, and Airdog, nothing is going to change either way, but thats a what it's supposed to be for sure

Back