fuel pressure regulator

tommyracer

looking to add a little more fuel to 03 Lb7. i have efi live and a raptor 150 pump. is it a good move to use the Lbz regulator rather than the lb7. im pretty sure it will bolt in , but is the plug in the same ? thanks tom.

It will plug in, but a lot of tuning is needed to get the truck to run right. The regulators use different voltages for positioning. The time and money can be better spent else where to get the max power. If you really want to swap regulators then an Arson Kit is the best option unless you go with a full modded pump or dual pumps.

Can't speak for performance, but when I replaced mine I went to a LBZ and the wire plug is a tight fit with the stock fuel return line. Rob tunes my truck so I'm not smart enough to tell you what to do there.
If it is still good I wouldn't replace it, IIRC the cost about the same so if it goes bad you can do the LBZ.

It will plug in, and the tuning changes are easy. But it's an extremely tight fit and the benefits, in my opinion, aren't worth the hassle unless you need a new regulator anyway

Back