Fuel pressure?

9 LIVES

Demolition Expert
Is there a good aftermarket fuel pressure regulator? Im seeing 45psi on my race truck and I know I need more fuel pressure to feed the pump. Im feeling 75+psi might be more adequate?

Aeromotive makes a good one. However I'm all ears for a cheaper solution.

What kind of pump is it? 180 and 215 pumps wont gain much at all over 45 psi.

i didnt see any diff from 35-65 but aeromotive 13109 if ya want to give it a shot

FASS makes a good one and it has booooooost reference if needed but i'm sure the Aeromotive has the same stuff

i run all the FASS stuff and there regulator, mine is set @ 85psi and holds pressure all day

I bought my return regulator from Parker and I bought a check valve from watermen

boost reference isnt required - maintaining a constant pressure is fine during most/all operating conditions

i dont use the boost reference but mine doesnt move from where its set on dyno pulls or on the street

I'm using an Aeromotive regulator. It's boost referenced, but it's not hooked up.

How can you keep it the same from idle to wot?

Posted from my ifail

there's this thing called a fuel pressure regulator??!?!?

Generally speaking any type of regulator is designed to maintain a certain value under operating conditions. The pressure does fluctuate though based on relative variables; in theory a properly sized pump/regulator/fuel system will see minimal pressure drop between minimum & max fuel consumption.

Aeromotive is garbage

Why? Care to explain?

I have run an Aeromotive 13105 for years on my daily driver and never had a problem with it. It maintians a steady pressure far better than the FASS' inernal regulator.

Brad/Colin, what pumps are you guys running ?-

The age old 'what about pumping too much fuel volume back to the tank' concern has been circling around in my mind recently.

Back