Fuel pressure

TwinCummins02

Texas Diesel Runner
what kind of fuel pressure should i be running i have a 02 dodge2500 with twins if that makes a diffrents, i was just wondering

Around 14. I run 19 with the FASS. Twins won't matter, just amount of fuel you are pushing. Fill in your sig so we know what you have.

The VP44 is happiest with about 13psi of fuel pressure supplied to the pump's inlet port, if you are seeing it drop to below 10psi with your truck (Modded out and NOT stock) you have a problem and need to start looking to fix it. The FASS is a good system, not the absolute best IMHO but a good one. There are other routes, it just depends on how much $$ you want to spend and how mechanically inclined you are (i.e. build your own).

Yep,

My FP gauge sees a value of around 15 under hard acceleration and 17 at idle. I have a FASS 150/150 and it is a great fix to common problem - but not the only one.

The numbers by the diesel geeks are as follows:
Idle: no less than 13psi
WOT: no less than 8psi
WOT under heavy load: no less than 6psi

The numbers by DC are as follows:
Idle: no less than 8psi
WOT: no less than 4psi and they will tell you that they record flow and not pressure but mathmatically you can't have one with out the other. I'll write out the formula if you need it - if you're interested, that is.

Back