Fuel Pump

Working on a deal now that has 3 pumps. Fuel driven off the injection pump nut, water and power steering down below.

67488c91b0d1ce164fc4ae8ef5302d8d.jpg

Finished mine today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trying to get some lower cost options for aftermarket mechanical fueling that can be mounted to the front cover or in place of the vacuum pump.
The waterman is a nice unit but not cheap!

I've been casually looking around at what's available. Seems like the affordable options aren't steerable. These seem like the best option, however 9724VF350 is the only person I've seen doing alternative pump mounts and stuff.

b9bffc3fd5dac89385fc59c0bf62463c.jpg

6ae0aebeea35828c8e72c1b3b6f25b63.jpg

d5e0314f49653056c3a618dfb3cce974.jpg

My cover was already setup for a waterman so the 4 bolt pattern for this pump had to be put in, the drive hub on the pump was put on and then the shaft cut off flush. It all fits tight enough that even if the drive pins were to come loose from the gear, they can't come out unless they were to shear right off. Going on year 3 wth this setup iirc, I'll have to find the number of the pump. Uses the high speed checks from haisleys to regulate pressure. When I want to prime it I take the drive hub off the pump and put a 1/2" drill on the shaft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got a different setup that I like better. It involves a "billet" front cover (I make them out of laser cut steel rather than aluminum), and they drive off the injection pump nut. The fuel is happier when the pump is turning slower. The pump mounting and drive is also simpler.

Back