Fuel sender

nate

I know this is a real common problem. Float falls apart or the carbon rub deal wears out.

Last I checked had to replace the whole float/fuel pickup assembly which is something like $350.

Still the same?? My 95 doesn't work at all and my 98 works other than when it's cold out. (so about 1/2 the year)

sounds like a wiring issue to me. check for continuity though the wires themselves and from the wires to ground/power. or have someone you know with access to ALLDATA or MITCHELL print you off a flow chart and it will walk you through the necessary steps to get it fixed.

Read my post, you are "answering" something I already posted the info about :hehe:

Level unit is sold separately from the module. About $40 for my '96. Also have a spare for next time. Not if but when.

Dealer only item I take it? Not seeing anything available at Napa or Schucks.

Got one ordered. $67

Ran out of fuel last night and was stuck on the road for about 2hrs freezing my butt off while a guy from work brought me fuel.

The common problem with them is the float falls apart or the carbon trace wears out and won't contact. Neither of those problems are fixed by that guy's "fix".

Pulling the tank is a bit of a PITA, so $65 IMO is worth it. Truck has 263,000 on it so that sender has seen a few tanks of fuel.

Back