fuel shut off solenoid??

overboosted

I was driving my 1993, left from a stop and go light and heard a pop. after that there was no power and some white smoke. I went to turn it off, and nothing, kept running. I had to pull the shut off lever to shut it down. I have read that having the pump turned up tends to cause the soleniod to go out with stock injectors. I still have not read anything explaining the rerson there would be no power and white smoke? before I start tearing stuff down, i want a general direction as to where to start. thanks comp d

I know alot of guys found that when the rubber stop on the shutoff selanoid ended up going into the delivery valves. Its possible that it is in the way of one of them resticting the flow to a injector.but i never had any first hand experiance with it.
Jon

^ What he said. Pull the solenoid and find out. If it is chipped, then I bet they got lodged somewhere.

I had one go and didnt really affect anything at first. After awhile it started hazing mileage seemed down, not bad though, still ran ok

IMG_20120605_170132.jpg

I imagine this would be the issue

Mine blew off a chunk like that. I put a manual pull cable on it for shutoff. The truck doesn't seem to run any different, so I've searched for the missing piece yet.

Good luck on that. I modded my plunger so that can't happen though I'm also running considerably bigger then stock injectors

My truck has eaten two of those and i finally gave up. I have been killing it in 5th for years now....

I just lost mine a couple weekends ago....so far it still runs the same....Scared me though because i just rebuilt the turbo and threw on a 16cm housing and then that happend, I haven't pulled the fss yet but i think as long as it runs fine i won't worry about it and just gut the stupid thing. lol.

I had a '93 that was turned up and after a few thousand mile it would shut down running down the road, I end-up running a toggal switch to the fuel pump and never had a problem after that.

Pull the plunger and spring out of the FSS and use it as your plug, then tie the wires together to keep them out of the way.

Still no start. Cranks no start, fuel to the injectors. Maybe a relay?

Did you replace the solenoid or gut it? If it's gutted then there's no way it's electrical related. If you replaced it, check for power to the solenoid while cranking.

Mine went out last week and I have been manually shutting it off ever since. I was wondering if the chunk that chipped off the fuel shutoff solenoid could do any damage to the pump or engine?

Good luck on that. I modded my plunger so that can't happen though I'm also running considerably bigger then stock injectors

How did you mod your plundger i went throught 3 of them at 20 dollars a piece and then just started stalling it and it hasnt been affected hp wise yet but it would be nice to shut it off by the key. Dominic

Back