fuel system help asap

dodge_diesel_00

I installed a new inj pump with a fass 150 system and 150hp injectors with the edge juice with attitude. Truck starts fine but idles rough and shakes the truck if you rev it up a little, also took it down the road to see if it cleared up and when it hits OD it really shakes the truck. So any info is greatly appreciated.

could be a number of things.did all the copper washers come off with the old injectors? sounds like fuel is not going to all injectors.what kind of injection pump so or hr.wire tap?

All the copper washers were on the old injectors when I pulled them out, and there is alot of smoke when you drive it and nail it and the edge is set on the stock setting, it smokes pretty good even at an idle it sounds like a tractor when it is idleing.

could be a number of things.did all the copper washers come off with the old injectors? sounds like fuel is not going to all injectors.what kind of injection pump so or hr.wire tap?

stock vp pump. what are you meaning by the wire tap?

sounds like injector problems. the reason i asked about the wire tap mine was bad and it ran crapy.

how did you get the air out of the lines? i bump the starter with the line on the injection pump loose first.then when the injection pump is filling snug it up.then open the first 4 up top and have someone crank it.it will fire up. then i loosen just a smidge until it misses then crank it back .

how did you get the air out of the lines? i bump the starter with the line on the injection pump loose first.then when the injection pump is filling snug it up.then open the first 4 up top and have someone crank it.it will fire up. then i loosen just a smidge until it misses then crank it back .

I found out that the number 3 injector was a little lean if you know what may have caused this or if it could be a bad injector from BD that I just purchased.

make sure the cross tube seated all the way in. The lines can still thread on if they are not in all the way.

Injector fitting gets 29lbs./ft. with a 19mm crowsfoot wrench.

Image011-1.jpg

Last edited:
Back