fuel system repair/upgrades???

txastuff79

well... went to fill my truck up today and unfortunately, the fuel guage never came back up. after "gently" beating on the tank, it came up some but wont read anything more than 1/2 tank. i know its full cause i had to pay twice since the pump quit at 75 bucks the first time and topped it off the second time. plus the pitch of the sound when beating on it resembles a full tank.

my questions are: where can i get a sending unit for a decent price? called ford and they wanted 392 plus tax and change for it. should i consider a pre tank filter kit now? who should i get it from? i like the pre pump filter kit from itp but they sell a reg. return kit for 549 while d.i. sells one for 449. any actual difference besides price?

if im gonna have to mess with the fuel system, im gonna do as much as possible now. i still have stock injectors so a fass pump kit to me isnt needed right now. let me know what yall think. thanks

after thinking about it, i thought for a while now either i was making really bad fuel mileage or my float was not working properly. seemed to show i was running low on fuel quite fast but didnt equal out right when fueling back up. but would always go back to full mark when fueling. dunno. would the biodiesel be causing probs? truck runs to good on bio to quit using it. quieter. smoother. etc. any thoughts would be helpful. thanks

Back