Fuel system

40ray

Im pretty sure my lplp is dieing on me. Truck will loss power then stutter then it runs then cuts out runs back and forth. Does it usually with heavier acceleration. Im going to pull the line off my sump and see if theres any suction tonight. Now to my question for the guys running a1000's what regulator are you running and where are you running it ie in the return or before the pump. I have a beans sump that goes to a fleetguard filter and water seperator and was thinking about putting the a1000 between the two filters. Its all 1/2 lines now and id run a 3/8 return if i go with the a1000. Planning on going with a 14mm head and rotor some day so i figured id get the fuel system taken care of now. Thanks for the help.

Do a a1000 feed in. Regulated return and then thru a fuel cooler then dump back to tank.

Fuel cooler is a good idea ill add that to the wish list. My question abot the regulator is most of the aeromotive regs say 45 to 70 psi. It would be ideal if i could get it to idle at like 14 and by 30 pounds of boost be at lets say 30 psi of fuel pressure. Thats my goal im just not sure how to accomplish that.

They will go down low enough and have a boost reference to increase pressure 1 to 1.

So in reality i should be shooting for .5 to 1 ratio. If it were 1:1 id end up with 45 psi fuel at 45 pounds of boost. I could be wrong i have no experiance with boost referenced regs.

You may have to lower your base pressure to end up with your target pressure. Simulate boost to the reg for target pressure. That will give you a good starting point. Road test and adjust as needed with a in cab gauge.

Check your connections on your ksb solenoid, "use a pair of pliers and crimp the connecters tighter. Sounds similar to what happened to me.

Its gutted alought it is leaking a bit out the top of the fss.

Back