Fuelabs when you just want the best

I was just curious what others were seeing for delivery time. Seems like even jegs had a week or so before pump would ship. I figured They would have some overhead warehoused.

from phone

Jegs moves very little of our diesel line. We try to keep the diesel stuff with the diesel specific shops. As you well know, that's a bit of a specialized knowledge base. Our thought process there is that the end user will get better service that way.

I just re-read my last two posts.....I didn't mean for either post to come off as snippy (could certainly have been read that way)- just trying to let you and others know what we are doing and our thought process behind it.

the fuel system is compleat
the fuelabs pumps are installed and the Indrustrial Injection Dual Dragons are ready to spin at 60%

IMAG01281_zps46b348a4.jpg

Last edited:
things have came along way since this time last year when i got one of the Velocity 200 pumps

Greg have you had any luck on getting the test started? On a side note josh I saw a YouTube videos that said that your returns from a regulator or the factory return that you should try and not have splash return. How important is this or can you get away with a splash return?

It's very important- diesel fuel is especially bad about foaming (much worse than the mineral spirits that we use in our test stand shown on the video).

We made the video in order to prove the point that we've been trying to make with many customers.

the fuel cell is only 1.5 gallons . I return the fuel to the top of the tank.

Wade returned to the top of the tank as well....and had all kinds of pressure issues. He talked to Rob (our engineer) about it and he suggested moving the return. Problem solved.

That's not to say you will have problems- but Wade and many of our other customers (gas and diesel) have had issues in the past.

I will be putting the straws in the returns line to allow the return line to enter the tank below the fuel level.

The tank is only 1.5 gallons. the fuel return will only be from the injectors and pumps will only be 3 liters per mins , or 1.5 ounces per second , about 11 ounces for the 7 second pass. not the fuel return for the regulator will be more

I had to send my Fuel Lab 42402 back today due to operator error, I bought it used from a guy that only had it on his truck for 4 hrs before spinning a bearing and parting off the pump and lines.
I installed it on my truck and have only run the truck long enough to check timing and make sure my tach was wired properly. My failure was not having the installation instructions and not installing the jumper wire provided between the middle terminal and ground terminal for continuos flow. That I have since learned about after calling Fuel Lab. I guess without the jumper the pump overspins because there is no speed control. Hopefully this post will prevent someone else from doing the same.

I had to send my Fuel Lab 42402 back today due to operator error, I bought it used from a guy that only had it on his truck for 4 hrs before spinning a bearing and parting off the pump and lines.
I installed it on my truck and have only run the truck long enough to check timing and make sure my tach was wired properly. My failure was not having the installation instructions and not installing the jumper wire provided between the middle terminal and ground terminal for continuos flow. That I have since learned about after calling Fuel Lab. I guess without the jumper the pump overspins because there is no speed control. Hopefully this post will prevent someone else from doing the same.

Seems like it should get a default control engineered into it that the jumper over-rides.

Hopefully your injection pump was not damaged because of this. I hope your regulator and return line were able to reduce the line pressure enough as not to cause any damage. Even on reduced speed, I would be inclined to think that would be a lot of pump- at the very least, a lot of return fuel from the regulator back to the tank. That 42402 pump is A LOT of pump. It's the biggest high pressure pump we offer.

Seems like it should get a default control engineered into it that the jumper over-rides.

The input to the center terminal on the pump is what determines what it does. If the center terminal sees nothing or voltage, it goes into full speed mode. If it sees ground, it goes into reduced speed mode.

Hopefully your injection pump was not damaged because of this. I hope your regulator and return line were able to reduce the line pressure enough as not to cause any damage. Even on reduced speed, I would be inclined to think that would be a lot of pump- at the very least, a lot of return fuel from the regulator back to the tank. That 42402 pump is A LOT of pump. It's the biggest high pressure pump we offer.

The input to the center terminal on the pump is what determines what it does. If the center terminal sees nothing or voltage, it goes into full speed mode. If it sees ground, it goes into reduced speed mode.

I think the pump will do just fine feeding my 13mm Scheid pump, I am using 10AN supply and 6AN return with an Aeromotive regulator holding pressure for the return side. Like I said I'm taking responsibility for my ignorance I just got it sent off today so hope for a speedy return.

The input to the center terminal on the pump is what determines what it does. If the center terminal sees nothing or voltage, it goes into full speed mode. If it sees ground, it goes into reduced speed mode.[/QUOTE]

Josh when the pump sees no middle terminal won't it go faster then high speed resulting in failure like mine did?

Just seems like full speed mode should at least be regulated back to "none-catastrophic failure" speed......but I haven't used one and don't know much about them....just my first thought.

Back