Full manual valve body or standalone controller?

Jzerkel

Looking for opinions. Which is better for racing? Have a full manual valve body right now just curious what everyone is running? Truck was converted from 6 speed to built auto and planning on big things slowly. Any input would be great thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wasted two years on a standalone, swapped in a manual vb and shaved a 10th off my et on the first pass with nothing more than a wild ass guess where I was shifting.

I loved the standalone but for some reason I could never make it shift correctly at wot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have to convert to a ratchet style shifter to run a manual VB correct? Gate shifter won't work?

Most of us guys running a man. VB are using TCI outlaw, Hurst or a B&M Ratchet style..... For racing, i would go manual VB. Unless you want to pay someone to tune the trans. But Im happy with my TCI and VB!!!

You have to convert to a ratchet style shifter to run a manual VB correct? Gate shifter won't work?

Y ^^

You could use the stock shifter if you wanted

x2. It's surprising how easy it is to get used to the stock stalk after a season. I'm sure if I was cutting some fast times, I'd want something I could reach and not mess up from a five point harness and bucket seat. :Cheer:

No complaints about my manual VB. It's a ton of fun and it's nice to have complete control over shifting.

I just flip the lockup switch on when staging, my valvebody only locks in second.

Back