Fummins Downpipes

Shocker444

Fummins Time!
What are all of you doing for downpipes? Modding the dodge ones or making your own?

Swapping a p pumped 12 valve into a superduty, going to be running a flipped 3 piece manifold and a hx40/s300 style single.

Sounds like with a flippped manifold, you gotta custom build one.

I would start with a Dodge one, and hack it up.

What year Furd is it going on?

Yeah custom ones are the easiest way. I had thought about mass producing dp's for swaps, but every swap is different. It wouldn't really be possible.

It's an '03 truck, you guys that have done swaps, is the first bend 90 degrees and headed straight towards the ground or is it less than that? I found a place to get 4 inch flanges and 45 and 90 degree mandrel bends. nothing a little mig welding, grinding, and jet hot can't fix right!

Mine is an obs but its pretty close to a 90 just a little less.Id get two 90s and a few feet of exhaust tube and see what you can do.

That's the plan, thanks for the quick replies 'gents!!!

Is there any advantage to stepping the exhaust to 5" after the downpipe before a stack? Or is 4" enough?

5" means you don't need a reducer...but 4" won't choke down the flow.

I had planned on getting one of the stack kits from FTE that was a 4" to 6" adapter. I mean, if the downpipe is full 4" does it make any sence to bump it to 5" before the 6" stack? would it help EGT at all?

Thanks again

I ran 4" straight off the back of the turbo (hx40) using 2-90's, a flange, and lots of pipe. Turned way the hell up ad pulling a 40' enclosed car hauler loaded uphill I barely hit 1000 degrees. you should be fine

I was told that if you use a different manifold for the cummins where the turbo is mounted closer to the cab instead of the middle of the manifold than you can use the dodge downpipe no problem. i havent tried it yet to know for sure. i have a ford and dodge downpipe and by holdin them up and lookin at it the dodge looks to work though

single charger...we use the industrial manifold and a third gen hx 40 down pipe fits perfect.

Post up some pics for me please. I just pulled my 6.0 out of my '03 dually this weekend but don't have my 12V yet from Pa. to look at. Should be very simple but I wanted to get ahead of the game while waiting on my Cummins. Also, there is not much left of my 6.0 downpipe as I had to butcher it to get it out. I'm still amazed I ever got that 4" Dp in there to begin with, but it would not come out in one piece. I'll be running a S366 turbo and a 3 piece manifold and was thinking of just picking up a DP online for those HX40's, they are the same size aren't they? I'll post up some pics of the engine removal tomorrow, it was pretty uneventfull. Steven

Back