Fummins Engine choice.

ACFarmer

On to the next project
Wanting to get started building my fummins. Going to be my DD/Tow rig/Farm truck. Shooting for the 400 to 500 range so it stays reliable. Question is, what would you put in it? CR or mechanical? I have an 07 5.9 engine laying here but I dont have the computer for it so I'm thinking it will take big money to get that one to work correctly in my truck. I can pick up a 24 valve fairly cheap and get it p-pumped. Which would you choose knowing what I am going to be doing with it?

I don't have much experience with the cr but I'm very happy with my 12v conversion. The most I've towed with mine so far is about 14k, but the truck handled it very well. I've hauled several loads under that 14k and have been trouble free. If you're looking to tune it and leave it you can't beat the reliability of the 12v. There is also less wiring in the conversion to mess with. I'm not knocking the cr just giving you my experiences with the 12v.

Good luck, keep us updated on your build

P pump 12V. That was my original plan on my truck. I wish I would have stuck with it.

Keeping the factory ZF6 in the truck. I have a couple 12 valves laying here, just thought maybe p-pump 24 would spool a little better and be a better DD tow rig. What are the Sisu's Chris?

Back