Fun in the land of solidworks...

PSDPlayer

Captain Negativity!
Anyone need a copper head gasket?

picture.php

I wonder what it would look like sitting on the block...

picture.php

Why would one want a coper headgasket? Have not seen you in awhile doug, I thought maybe the McDonalds got the better of you.

How thick do you want them? .072 or .080? They are rubber coated copper. And you will want to put a .041 stainless wire in the head.

Why would one want a coper headgasket? Have not seen you in awhile doug, I thought maybe the McDonalds got the better of you.

I have been Rockstar and Soda free for a little while now. Been drinking at least a gallon of water a day.

Copper looks pretty, so I wanted to try it.

Hahah I thought there was going to be some indepth detailed explination as to why its better and I'm left with
Copper looks pretty, so I wanted to try it.

Head gaskets made with Rubber Coated Copper, RCC, assemble directly from the package, seal fluids and combustion better than any other copper gaskets, and remove effortlessly with no messy clean up. The rubber coating used for Rubber Coated Copper gaskets is inert to almost all fluids and solvents and can withstand the extreme temperatures produced by the hottest drag motors. This dry coating is very thin to ensure low torque loss and is durable enough to be reused in most cases.

Head gaskets made with Rubber Coated Copper, RCC, assemble directly from the package, seal fluids and combustion better than any other copper gaskets, and remove effortlessly with no messy clean up. The rubber coating used for Rubber Coated Copper gaskets is inert to almost all fluids and solvents and can withstand the extreme temperatures produced by the hottest drag motors. This dry coating is very thin to ensure low torque loss and is durable enough to be reused in most cases.

Is it something that is currently in production for top fuel or any other type of high HP race cars?

They have been around for years. I used the on an alky injected super gas car in the 80's.

Top fuel yes

We use this technology on Top Fuel Nitro Harleys, running MAJOR cylinder pressures, as a fuel bike is almost always loading the cylinders to the point of hydro lock on every stroke. We NEVER had a headgasket issue, unless you happen to lose spark, and then its a bomb, and it tends to blow the heads right through the frame and hits the rider in the chest. Bad news for the rider. These gaskets are TOUGH.

Back