fuse problem

04dirtymax

when i boost up my truck in 4hi to about 10lbs and let out the brake and into the throttle i've been popping a fuse labeled "1*" any ideas as to what it may be?

Look at the bottom of the fuse box top and it will tell you what 1* is on diesel models

i did but the truck has some age on it and i can't read what it says, i think it has to do with the injectors because the truck will turn over but not crank

What amp rating is the fuse? I know the numbers shoudn't be worn off that. Do you have any buddies around your area with a LLY that could let you see their fuse panel cover to see what the fuse is for? As far as I know there's not really a fuse thats dedicatied strictly to the injectors. Now there maybe a fuse for the CP3 which would be a pretty high amp fuse. That could be causing your "no start condition" since no fuel is being pumped. Might want to check your wiring harness around the CP3 and make sure you don't have any wires chafting or shorting to ground causing the fuse to blow. A wire thats open could be touching just when you launch hard like "4hi launches" and causing the fuse to blow. Thats where I'd start looking.

Fuse 1* is ECM on mine and is 25a. Most likely won't start since communication is lost with the ECM

its a 25amp, i looked at every wire i could think of and i didn't see any chaffed everything looked good, i put a 20 amp fuse back in it and launched it several more times with no problem

Back