G.M. Performance Parts Duramax Diesel Top Dragster final prep for testing .

COMP461

Comp Diesel Sponsor
Industrial Injection services
ZZ custom Fabrication
D & L performance
Charlie Stewart Race Cars
Syndiesel
ChevyLand.com
GearVendors
Nitrous Outlet
Frankenstein racing heads
RPM performance Data Loggers
Al Weiss
Stan and Mathew Thomas
J E Pistons
GRP Rods
Coan
Snow Boost cooler
K&R

Not going to make the U.S. Nationals like I wanted so we will start with OK city NHRA divisional event then Dallas National event and Houston National Event , then off to Vegas for three events back to back and the SEMA show.

IMAG1116.jpg

IMAG1119.jpg

IMAG1096.jpg

425817_313443578692180_212116095491596_847125_498394457_n.jpg

IMAG0150-4.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great Greg!!!! Hope it performs as well as we have thought it will!!!

Very nice... Cannot wait to see it go! Good luck Greg.

Slick way to tie the scoop tray into the turbo inlets. Nice work.

Looks good, Greg.

Question : Why the longer exhaust distance from the head to the chargers? Seems like a lot of surface area to deplete thermal energy that could be used to spin the chargers. Or is this irrelevant for the turbo in the bottle?

Edit: Those long tubes do look neat though. :D

Looks good, Greg.

Question : Why the longer exhaust distance from the head to the chargers? Seems like a lot of surface area to deplete thermal energy that could be used to spin the chargers. Or is this irrelevant for the turbo in the bottle?

Edit: Those long tubes do look neat though. :D

Working with pulse, using the merge collectors. I would have liked it to be closer, but we did the headers that way to possibly run a Pro Charger at some time in the future.
Car weighs 1745 with me in it. Still need to add the weight of one nitrous bottle.

Good Luck. I hope you dont fight convertor issues, are you trying a coan 10.5" first. Just in case, I,ve been dealing with Dennis Reid and he has his chevy bell now machined to accept a 12.5" just cant quite get a 13" to fit. Your lock up and efficency may not be as much issue as mine was with increased rpm. But Coan couldnt get it done back then for me either..... in a 10.5" cover that is. Hope it works out good for ya though.

Ryan

What are the Las Vegas Events you plan to attend? NHRA race in October and ?

Well I'll be.....what ecm's going to be firing the injectors? Has that power plant been on the dyno?

Good Luck. I hope you dont fight convertor issues, are you trying a coan 10.5" first. Just in case, I,ve been dealing with Dennis Reid and he has his chevy bell now machined to accept a 12.5" just cant quite get a 13" to fit. Your lock up and efficency may not be as much issue as mine was with increased rpm. But Coan couldnt get it done back then for me either..... in a 10.5" cover that is. Hope it works out good for ya though.

Ryan

I have a lot of experance with the small converter and anything tighter will shake the tires . I plan on stalling about 4700 to 5000, I don't plan on a lock up.

What are the Las Vegas Events you plan to attend? NHRA race in October and ?

September 14-16 Thunder Valley Raceway Park Noble, Okla. Top Dragster

Sept. 20-23 Texas Motorplex • Dallas, TX Super Comp

October 12-14 Royal Purple Raceway Park Houston, Texas Top Dragster 0r October 12-14 JEGS NHRA Pacific SPORTSnationals Las Vegas, Nev. Top Dragster

Oct. 25–28 The Strip at Las Vegas Motor Speedway • Las Vegas Top Dragster

SEMA Oct 30 – Nov 2
November 2-4 The Strip at Las Vegas Motor Speedway Las Vegas, Nev. Top Dragster

Looks nice. Wish my car was that light.

Charlie Stewart Race Cars built me a chassis similar to what I would run in A/ Dragster Automatic. Which is a 1500 hp 1700 lbs car that runs 6.40’s. It’s a 255 inch slip joint car, with all of the weight savings options. I have 2 sets of tires to run 33.5 X 16 for bad tracks and 33 X 15’s for good tracks.

Charlie builds about 15 cars a year mostly Corvette roadsters that with the same running gear as my dragster would weight about 2100 lbs. with driver.

Charlie Stewart Race Cars | Quality race cars built by sportsmen racers ..for sportsmen racers.

I would love to see a chevy Dmax in a Chevy 63 Corvette

luke20.jpg

img_0109.jpg

Last edited:

Ryan

here is the same convertor that I have run for the last 7 years

IMG_8752-1.jpg

we are going to try and make tire smoke in the next few weeks , I just got my Brail Battery in 9 lbs and 1300 CCA

Last edited:
Charlie is truly talented.

I see you put the rear end in you avatar. easy way to remove 400+ lbs from the back of a truck, I put one in Project X diesel and it worked great

Back