Gap in classes???

Maybe Super Street should have a minimum weight limit of 6500 # truck with out the driver, witch would be close to a true daily driver truck. And make it a fuel only class no nitrous. You could run any turbo combination you want and any tire slicks would be allowed for either 2wd or 4wd. I think that would really level the playing field allot. And still be heads up racing. Just some thoughts!

I think they are meeting tomorrow to decide what the rules will be. I think a weight increase in inevitable. Not sure about slicks though, they are not legal on the street. Probably let the 2 wheel drive have them but not the 4? Some weight difference but not too much between the two. You can't hook a 2 wheel drive truck on street legal tires and have it competitive in that class. But on the other hand, you can't give the 2 wheel drive trucks too much of a weight advantage if you let them have slicks.

it really depends on your definition of "street" tires is because a good set of dot approved cheater slicks can work just fine.

it really depends on your definition of "street" tires is because a good set of dot approved cheater slicks can work just fine.

What do you consider a good set, we have MT's and can't cut the 60's with them we can the full out slicks. Probably at about 2/10's difference in ET

Is that the ones with the really soft thin side walls?

I use M&H DOT Cheater Slicks, 30/14.0-16LT. I started using tubes after the Fallon race due to a small, sharp rock that put a hole in one of my brand new slicks. This did allow me to run a lower pressure because the sidewalls were stiffer. Overall, the tire pressures remained more consistant over a day of racing and gave me a little better consistancy. It took a while to find the best pressure but I ending up running something around 17 PSI. At 17 without tubes the back end of the truck felt like it was walking around on me. I have to do a hard burnout to get them hot enough to hook up.

Jim

I use M&H DOT Cheater Slicks, 30/14.0-16LT. I started using tubes after the Fallon race due to a small, sharp rock that put a hole in one of my brand new slicks. This did allow me to run a lower pressure because the sidewalls were stiffer. Overall, the tire pressures remained more consistant over a day of racing and gave me a little better consistancy. It took a while to find the best pressure but I ending up running something around 17 PSI. At 17 without tubes the back end of the truck felt like it was walking around on me. I have to do a hard burnout to get them hot enough to hook up.

Jim

I remember that you had to run street tires and didn't do so hot. I always ran tubes with my slicks. Did you screw the slick in the rim too?

I remember that you had to run street tires and didn't do so hot. I always ran tubes with my slicks. Did you screw the slick in the rim too?

Fallon was fun, trying to run with street tires. I was told that on one of my qual runs I smoked the tires all the way to the 1/8th. Interesting day. Historicly, I started out with 26" BFGs on 8" rims. Then I ran 28" Hoosiers on those rims. Not using bead lock screws I spun the tires on the rims. Then I switched to the 30" M&Hs on 10" rims. I have 8 screws on each side of the rim, no more tire movement. I got the screw kit from Summit.

Jim

We are close, every time we think we have it, we find something that we are not sure on ..... understand that this is a daily evolution and we are doing our best to get it finalized and out to the "troops" asap.

Any updates Chris?

RulesAnnounc-1b.jpg

RulesAnnounc-2c.jpg

Well............................

I guess I'm out of Super Street even though I weigh 7500 lbs.:bang

"Fuel Tank must be in stock location. (Fuel Cells prohibited)"

:(

I have no desire to race ET Bracket and can't compete in Pro Street. Not looking good for me.

And to think, I had plans to move my batteries to the bed this winter also:doh:

Last edited:
well im glad i held off on doing both the fuel cell and moving the batteries last week. I almost bought the fuel cell and was going to move the batteries when i did the fuel cell.

Well............................

I guess I'm out of Super Street even though I weigh 7500 lbs.:bang

"Fuel Tank must be in stock location. (Fuel Cells prohibited)"

:(

I have no desire to race ET Bracket and can't compete in Pro Street. Not looking good for me.

And to think, I had plans to move my batteries to the bed this winter also:doh:

Put the batteries in the bed...

And why cant you compete in pro street. How many times do the faster trucks even make it through a day of racing there is no reason why you cant compete in pro street and still do good.

Put the batteries in the bed...

And why cant you compete in pro street. How many times do the faster trucks even make it through a day of racing there is no reason why you cant compete in pro street and still do good.

I will still show up:Cheer:

I will still show up at NHRDA races and race in whatever class I get put in, but I can also race my truck the way it is every other weekend in a NHRA based Super Street 10.90.:Cheer:

What is the time range for ET or is it just open on both ends?

It looks like my truck still falls in no mans land too. It doesn't fit in Super Street and I am not going to run with the 20 sec trucks in ET it is just to hard on the converter and trans. Well maybe next year there will be a place for the 11.00 and 12 sec trucks

Wow everyone wanted changes what everyone got was changes and people are still not happy.

Your 11.00 - 12.00 second truck can win super street. Show up to races and go rounds, thats what makes you win.

Back