Garmon and Buchanan win at the Rock

DavidTD

DPM
Jeff Garmon would take the points lead with his win at Rockingham in the Airwerks Unlimited Street class and Brian Buchanan would capture the win in both ET Bracket and Quick Diesel classes.

Jeff Garmon would defeat Jess Spruill in the final round in a class separated by less than .02 seconds. Garmon would take a .01 starting line advantage and a .01 second quicker ET to win a close race against Spruill. Semi finalists John Porterfield and Tim Barber made this a competitive class which entertained the fans in the stands.

Brian Buchanan of Rockinham event sponsor Bucks Communication would capture a win in ET Bracket by defeating Phil McMaster in the final round. Making it through a competitive field into the semi round were drivers Dustin Mintern and Gus Farmer.

Buchanan would also win the Quick Diesel class defeating Mike Dolan in the final round. Semi finalist Ty Maitland would make the semi final round, only to be on the losing side of a photo finish. Buchanan would defeat Maitland by .019 seconds.

The Rock track owner Steve Earwood commented "this was the best diesel crowd yet" and I agree. A decent crowd in the stands watched as nearly 30 racers battled it out for 4 hours. Thanks should go out to DTR Chapter NC18 for helping NADM with the event and showing up in force.

NADM would like to thank event sponsors Bucks Communication, Super Chips, and Turbo Diesel and Electric along with NADM season sponsors, HushPower Mufflers, AirWerks, DI Pricol, Pure Diesel Power, Industrial Injection, Optima Batteries, Southbend Clutch, Diesel Rx, DP Tuner, TM Performance Products, Diesel World Magazine, Dynomite Diesel, AirDog Fuel Preporator, Power Hungry Performance, Fluidampr, High Tech Turbo, New Era Diesel Performance, Innovative Customs, and Citadel Insurance Services for their continued support. Please thank our sponsors and support them, as they are supporting you.

Finally, NADM would like to thank Mike and Robin Batterson for helping with event registration and set-up. :Cheer:

Thanks to everyone that came out, I hope you had as much fun as I did. :rockwoot:

thanks to NADM, you Dave, Mike and his wife !! Steve also did so fine announcing and keep thing moving smoothly

a major congrats to the Buck's Comm. group you guys did a great job ! I think it was the party tent you had set up. Good food, drink and people can make for a winning set up... oh, the work you did on the trucks too :clap:

congrats to everyone... see ya Commerce !

Thanks to NADM and Buck's Communication and everyone that came out to race or lend support!

Great event!

Guess than means Jeff, Earl and Phil get to duke it out for the title in Commerce.

Congrats guys!

Congrats Jeff on a great run! Wish I was there . . . sounds like you boys showed the track what diesels are all about!

Great turnout for a mini test & tune - we appreciate the attendance - hope everyone will bring a friend to Atlanta!:rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

The boys in the Vegas convention were asking about ya - I told them our guys want more races so we need more sponsors to do just that - lol!

Ron

I want to sincerley thank David and NADM for hosting this event at The Rock.:clap:
We had a BLAST, to say the least! As, always we were turning wrenches til midnight on Friday and still on Saturday before loading up. Sure glad we could make the race. Heck, I would have been happy to just show up and not break anything. I guess we got lucky this time. I would like to thank my family for putting up with all the late night work that has went into my truck. Jerry Cummings, Jim Snyder and Mike Dolan have endured every minute as we are getting used to a 12 valve. Thanks guys! It would not have happened without your help. I also agree we had a great turnout for this years event!
Glad to hear it may be on the schedule for next year!
Also thanks to all the big boys; Jeff, John, Tim and Jess for putting on a good show!
I think Jerry has some awsome still photos of some of the trucks and my wife, Sandi, and Sherry Snyder did a great job with the videos. Keegan will have the tape Tuesday.
Again, thanks to everyone for attending this event and for all the extra help;) with the truck at the track!
I hope we have this good of a turn-out on October 10&11 for Coastal Plains!
BTW, Mike didn't you finish in 2nd place in QD? Hey Phil, don't worry about the last name thing, you ever heard people pronounce BUCHANAN!:hehe:
Brian Buchanan

Back