Garrett 37R stage 2?

Mr. Bob

I'm trying to figure out what to replace my he351cw with...

I really want to keep the fast spool up, but want more power past the 2400 when I really feel the 351 choke...

I am really toying with both 62/65/12 and 63/68/12 turbos....

In the mix is the Garrett stage 2 turbo... I ran a 38R on my 7.3 and loved it! Was making almost 500hp with it, spooled great, and had fantastic EGTs..

Does anyone have any feedback on the Garrett stage 2 kit?

Is it worth the money?

Thanks
Bob

I'm trying to figure out what to replace my he351cw with...

I really want to keep the fast spool up, but want more power past the 2400 when I really feel the 351 choke...

I am really toying with both 62/65/12 and 63/68/12 turbos....

In the mix is the Garrett stage 2 turbo... I ran a 38R on my 7.3 and loved it! Was making almost 500hp with it, spooled great, and had fantastic EGTs..

Does anyone have any feedback on the Garrett stage 2 kit?

Is it worth the money?

Thanks
Bob
I doubt the Garrett kit would be that great, I think it uses the stock HX35 exhaust outlet. Maybe if you fabbed an HX40 outlet? Get the 63/68/12 with the 6-blade billet wheel and let me know how it runs.(I want to get one myself :D).

The stage 2 has a bolt on back section that has different adapters one of which is a HX40 and but they will bolt right up to the cast iron elbow also

I doubt the Garrett kit would be that great, I think it uses the stock HX35 exhaust outlet. Maybe if you fabbed an HX40 outlet? Get the 63/68/12 with the 6-blade billet wheel and let me know how it runs.(I want to get one myself :D).

Ya.. I'm set up to run a 3rd gen turbo though..

The Garrett kit turbos don't look very big. Why not go with the stage 3? Do you really think it'll be too big? (That's what she said.)

I like the Stage 3 on my VP truck, very good drivability even with mild fueling. Strongly recommend buying from Turbo Re- Source in AZ, Tom sets them up right. His Stage 2 & 3 come with HX40 outlet. The only caveat with Stage 3 is running a cam, otherwise you run the risk of surging. I don't have a cam but the equal length header I have seems to compensate since I have no surging issues.

Back