Garrett GT3788R stage 3, silver bullet, or Aurora 5000?

MurdaManDiesels

Ok, so its obviously time for a turbo... lol ive narrowed it down to 3. i would like to know the pros and cons of each

Everyone has their own magical number for injectors. Whose sticks? It's all about the LPM, they can call em whatever they want to- tell me the LPM's.

The 3 turbo's you've mentioned are all very different from each other, and they all have very different potential. The real question should be what do you expect from your truck, what are you going to do with it, and what power level do you want to achieve. Once you figure out those questions, you'll be able to pick a turbo. But judging by your choices of turbos you have given that much thought yet.

I have no experience with the Garrett, so I can't help you there.

On my truck, the A5K spooled faster, provided lower egts, a bit higher boost, and made more peak power, as well as more power everywhere under the curve as compared to the silver bullet it replaced.

There is no good reason in my opinion to get the silver bullet unless you're trying to fit into the 2.6 class for pulling.

BUT...........
This was on a common rail-- take it fwiw.

-jp

street/strip truck somewhere from 650 to 750+ on #2 diesel. pull a light load everynow and then bc ive got another truck to pull heavy loads with.

Im running a stage 3 , but you mite look at a GT 4294 or GT4202 to move enough air to cool 700 hp. But a GT 4202 will spool fast then a sps66!:charger: Then maybe a GT 3788R with*nx*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The garrett is too small w/ 63.5mm. The gt4094 does alot better with 68mm. I get about 10psi at 1600rpms and comes in strong a little before 1900rpms on my 12v. The 3788r would be a good secondary tho.

How hard would be be to spool a 4094 as a single? right now i have flux 1s helix 2 cam bd pmt edge ez water meth raptor 150 i am gonna get a cp3 upgrade at some point as well... I have the stage 3 but it gets hot on the top. Should i switch to the .99 e/h since i have the .89 housing or would the 4094 be a better choice planning on getting flux2s or 2.5s down the road...thanks guys!

4094 would be the better choice. Wait for the gtx series though... awesome map on that. It is not hard at all to spool that turbo -a lot like a 62 s300 or even a little better depending on your setup. The downer is a t-4 nonwastegated housing.

What is the GTX series terry? Also I was talking to Tom and he was saying that I could send in my stage 3 and he could put in the cartridges of the 4094 into my setup. Do you think this would be a good way to go?

What is the GTX series terry? Also I was talking to Tom and he was saying that I could send in my stage 3 and he could put in the cartridges of the 4094 into my setup. Do you think this would be a good way to go?

Yes, Tom can do that and it is a good way to go. The gtx is the new Garrett series of compressor wheels that have about 10% more flow and a higher pressure ratio.

Back