Garrett gt3788r.. Which one do I have?

Hdhorton

Too broke to go fast
I bought my truck in April and the turbo was already on it, the guy didn't even know what size it was. So I checked the tag and ran the numbers on it and I know it's a 64mm but I'm not sure which a/r mine is. Every time I try to find out what the specs are on it I find somethin different. This turbo lists with a .89, .99, and a 1.11 a/r. How can I tell which one mine is?

Yeah I've ran the numbers several times and I just can't seem to find anything every time I search I find somethin different. I believe this is the only turbo I've ever saw that doesn't list the specs on it

Na it's the only one I've got haha. I was plannin on ppumpin my truck and runnin twins and ditchin the turbo and injectors on it now. But I picked up a new project a couple months back that I'm savin up for to drop a 12valve in

Is the Garrett nameplate still on it? Part number?

I tried to pm you but my post count ain't high enough. The part number is 751473-5006 and the serial number is jcm032440. I mean i guess it's really not that big of a deal but I just like to know exactly what's on my truck. That's the only thing I regret about buyin my truck with work already done to it

Yeah I'm pretty sure it came up as a stage 3 last time I checked it and I've looked all over front and back for it the only thing it's got is "garret" on the back of the exhaust housing. It has a few markings on the compresser housing but I haven't really paid those much attention I don't think they have any numbers. But the trucks been leakin a little oil lately and I found out it's my head gasket so I'm goin to be changin it out and throwin some studs in it in the next couple of weeks so I'll check it when I do.

Last edited:
Back