Gauges in a MK4 VW.....

Mine.

0620130004.jpg

Before painting the metal

0619131920.jpg

I highly recommend Isspro ev2 gauges specific to the jetta lights. I love mine.

Last edited:
They make pillar pods which I think look hideous... Then they make steering column pods that block the other gauges. They do make the panel I made for my car for like 20 bucks iirc. I love hiding them and making a clean factory look.

Better shot

IMG_20140728_241301493.jpg

Last edited:
They make pillar pods which I think look hideous... Then they make steering column pods that block the other gauges. They do make the panel I made for my car for like 20 bucks iirc. I love hiding them and making a clean factory look.

Better shot

IMG_20140728_241301493.jpg

Why the Isspro oil pressure gauge? What head unit is that also?

The cars don't have an oil pressure gauge. I wanted one. The head unit is a Kenwood excelon 898 iirc. I love it.... Powers a hell of a stereo. Around 1600 watts of quality sound.. Not no boom banger. Just a single 52lb 10" :evil

The cars don't have an oil pressure gauge. I wanted one. The head unit is a Kenwood excelon 898 iirc. I love it.... Powers a hell of a stereo. Around 1600 watts of quality sound.. Not no boom banger. Just a single 52lb 10" :evil

Thinking of copying your setup. I don't like the idea of gauges attached to an air bag on the pillar! :eek:

Liking the looks of that radio....gonna do some research.

I am looking at deleting the cup holders above the radio and creating a plate like Dustin that covers the entire center section of the dash and will also make the radio mounting a little cleaner.

Thanks!!!

I still have the cup holders in mine... They all fit nicely... I'm going to put these in the other mk4 and am getting a set of Isspro performax ones for the new engine... Call Isspro direct or I can probably get you some... Get part numbers from dieselmanor.

I got bored with vinyl... I'm getting ready to change it again in the next few weeks...

IMG_20141130_201137476.jpg

Doing a way cleaner look this coming time... I will post them when done...

Sorry for the huge pic, but at least you get to see a lot of detail. You can purchase the plastic inserts. I'd have to dig to find where I purchased mine at. You can see the gauge manufacture in the pic. Color matched very well with the OEM.

Gauge%20Install%20014.jpg

Last edited:
Mark, you want a metal one? I will sell it lol. The gauges hold it in with a zip down below on my egt probe wire. I'm doing something new with the changes.

Shainer those look good!!

I'll have to dig through to see if I have some additional pics. I mounted studs on the back of the plastic instrument bezel with an aluminum strip across the back to hold the gauges secure. If I recall correctly the bezel had the rubberized coating already applied, but that was back before there were any good self applied products available on the market.

If there are metal bezels available I would go that route. Stronger and provides better options to secure the gauges.

Mark, you want a metal one? I will sell it lol. The gauges hold it in with a zip down below on my egt probe wire. I'm doing something new with the changes.

Shainer those look good!!

Huh? I'm going to run Autometers always loved them. I can get Sport Comp's from Summit for less than $300 for Boost, EGT, & oil press.

Where is your probe Dustin? Text me tomorrow if you still have my number

Last edited:
Back