gear ratio

mclunas

okay the tag under my hood on my 98 telling the specifics about the truck is gone, someone must have ripped it off is there anyway to tell what gear ratio it has by the vin number????? if so can someone point me in the right direction?
thanks mike

Truck information

What you can do is look on the rear end for a tag that says what gear it has if they still do that or take the vin to a dealership and they can print you a vehicle information sheet that list everything the truck had during assembily. I dont know if they charge for that. My father got one of the printouts before.

or just tell us the rpm at 60 mph. If it is 2000rpm or a smidge over, you have 4.10s. If it is lower, then you have 3.55s

or just tell us the rpm at 60 mph. If it is 2000rpm or a smidge over, you have 4.10s. If it is lower, then you have 3.55s

no trans bud or i would do that myself... i was selling as is to a guy and he wanted to know what was in it but im not sure if i am or not as another offer approached this afternoon

Take the cover off. Count the teeth on the ring gear. Count the teeth on the pinion. Divide the ring gear teeth by the pinion gear teeth. Result is your ratio.

Back