gearing for 35s

tirefrier

Coal Train conductor
I am wanting to drop some of 6 inch lift and downsize on the 37s i am running currently. I have 4.11s for gears now. did a search and found some stuff for sled pulling mostly, what do the u guys think? I do drag sometimes and highway drive. I am at really close to stock ratio now almost same rpm for given speed as a friend of mine has a stock truck. thanks for the input.

definitely 3.73's... Which works out well since 3rd gens had em stock. So you should be able to get some used ones for a reasonable price..

I have no clue about racing...but shouldn't it be specified about whether it will be on an 1/8 or 1/4 mile track primarily?...or towing?...or live in a mountainous environment?

i say 3.73s for everything. stay with 4.10s for sled pulling a lot. 3.55s will be too tall. my 4.10s were good with my 35s but 3.73s would have been better.

Garrett

I have 35's on my 06 with a auto and 3.73, when I am pulling a trailer at 65 the rpm's are real low and egts are high. I was thinking of going to a 4.10 to try to fix

Back