General price and where to find 93 Ford Trans.

K.Frog

sexually attracted 2 fire
I know absolutely nothing about Fords, especially ther older ones, But I have a guy who needs a transmission (stock nothing fancy) for his 1993 Ford truck. It has the 6.9L engine. What tranny is this? Wheres the best place to get one?

Thanks,
Rob

You sure its a 6.9L and not a 7.3L? Either way I think the bellhousing is the same but just odd to see the older engine in the newer truck. The autotranny in those trucks should be a E40D. Not sure how much on price, I believe TCI and some of the other big tranny places sell them, otherwise can probably pick them up from a junkyard.

Should be a 7.3L unless it had to be replaced & a 6.9L was cheaper or easier to find. They look the same on the outside so it can be hard to tell but yes the bell housing is the same. E4OD can be found all over the place for a good price, is it 2wd or 4x4? The only real diffrence in them is the tail of the tranny.

I have no idea to be honest. The owner claims a 6.9L. I asked Several times if he was sure it wasnt a 7.3L and he said he was sure it had a 6.9L in it. I have no clue about Ford Diesel anything so...

I dont even know what tranny it is. I can do/get anything for dodges, and GM's and even have connections for Kenworth and alot of Big Rig parts, and even the trucks themselves, but I'm lost for Fords light-medium duty products.

6.9 or 7.3 the trannys will be the same. I missed whether it was a 5 speed or Automatic. The 6.9's have been swapped into quite a few 7.3 engine bays when the latter had problems, most frequently, the dreaded Cavitation demon. The 6.9's had the Formidable 3 speed C6's behind them ( & early 7.3's had them as an option IIRC ) and the 7.3's had the E4OD. For standards the 6.9's had a cast iron T19 four speed and the 7.3's had the aluminum cased ZF S5-42 five speed. The flywheel changed to the dual-mass type with the 5 speed but can be converted back with a kit from LuK. As far as to where to locate a tranny... post more detail as to what type tranny it is i.e. and we can help.

Back