Getrag to 47rh swap questions.

stackx2

I found a mildly built 47rh an a parts truck and the guy wants to trade for my getrag. I will have everything in the 95 parts truck to do the swap and already have a ppump so all the cables will work but what my concern is the transfer case and the drive shaft length. Will my 29 spline 205 bolt up or do I need an adapter? Also will I have to lengthen or shorten by drive shaft? And if you know of any other little stuff I'll need. Thanks guys!
John

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

You might be able to flip the other transfer case. I will search for how the Dow brothers did theirs

The 727 and getrag use the same length drive lines. The o/d transmissions have a longer length requiring you to mod your drive lines. Like John said above Cole and Cory Dow clocked the transfercase so as to run the new t case with the passenger side diff. It looks odd, yet cool. Reminds me of the old ford forestry service trucks.

But there may also be a adapter as well

Ya I talked with Ron today and he said I could cut a 29 spline adapter and a 23 spline adapter in half and weld them together. And SmokinAce said that I can pull the rear seal on the tranny and silicone the TC to it. So with that and the welded adapter it should work. It kind of sucks about the drive shafts because I just had I balanced then my rear end blew up, so I had to have it shortened to fit with the Dana 80, and now I'll have to get it shortened again! Lol.

You might be able to flip the other transfer case. I will search for how the Dow brothers did theirs

I would like to have it look as factory as possible. I'm not a big fan of doing it that way, it just doesn't look as clean to me.

Then use a 241D from an '88-'93 with a gasser.
IMO, just as tough as any 241D L/H/ D and it has a fixed rear yoke.

I have a 241D waiting to be taken apart to (hopefully) install a 29 spline input, and it's certainly looking like a viable option.

A 1410 NP205 output yoke bolts right onto them, you just need to get a different seal.

Mark.

So the 241d will bolt right up to the 47rh and maintain a pass. side drop? That sounds like a pretty good deal!

John

It will and does.
It's been overlooked for a very long time, which is understandable since NP205s are considered "badass" and the fear of an aluminum transfer behind high horsepower usually overrides the fact that an NP205 can be a PITA to find.

It's certainly something I'm willing to try.
Too bad even the 241Ds are kinda' a piece of history, too.

Mark.

I think that my NP 205 needs to be rebuilt anyways, so I think that I am going to stick with it then I will have a brand new transfer case.

John

The Dow brothers make an adapter for it. I don't know how much it is but they do great work. PM Cory Dow, his name is rockjeep73 on here. Let us know how it goes.

I have a 241 dhd modified for pass side drop. I know that there is a chevy 241 that is pass side drop but they are tough to find and the pump mod is quite simple. however, if you ever plan on making a fair amount of power the 271 is a very stout tcase.

I have a 241 dhd modified for pass side drop. I know that there is a chevy 241 that is pass side drop but they are tough to find and the pump mod is quite simple. however, if you ever plan on making a fair amount of power the 271 is a very stout tcase.

Is your 241dhd tucked up underneath like the 205 would look? If so do you have any pictures?

John

I modified the 241 for the pass drop and didn't end up using it because I bought a 271 instead. i will not be running it tucked up, mine is going to more or less mimic what cole dow did with his truck due to shaft angle. no pics yet

Back