Getting on the dyno tomorrow-Any help?

I'd imagine that is has something to do with your avatar. LOL

I've got husky liners in my truck. Maybe that's why it sucks. LOL

Tires are at 50psi cold which is max pressure for them. At this point I'd be happy with 401hp. LOL

I have great friends. My friends started a pot on me on what I'd dyno. Buy in is $10 and closest one to my actual numbers wins. I took 350hp. LOL

At the Gullo Ford and Mercury Dealership in Conroe right off of I-45 they have an in-ground Mustang dyno back in the shop. Talk to Chris Dangerfield, he is in charge of it. It is a nice dyno, even though my truck didn't do worth a flip (I made more clutch smoke than diesel smoke! haha). If your wheels have more than an inch or so extra offset over stockers you will need to run something skinnyer. My truck fits with about 3/4" on the outside of each tire.

Well I'm guessing things went worse than expected.
Supposed to run on the 22nd and it's the 24th and still nothing.
Is there anybody that can go by his place and check on him ?
He's prob all strung out,drooling,repeatedly going over those dyno sheets saying how could this happen, say it aint so, with negative thoughts of 3rd generations. I personally hope not though, and hope that the reason he hasnt posted yet is because things were so much greater than expected that he just hasn't had time because the celebration party is still going on!!:rockwoot:
Maybe those hot natured roommates ganged up on him ?

Did 388, 394, and 402. Sorry I didn't post sooner but I just got back home and around a computer. Needless to say, I think I've got an internal motor problem. Time for a compression check.

388 = W/ Shoes and Floor mat
394 = W/ Just Shoes
402 = Barefoot no Mat

I like the HP gain in removing the Floor Mats and Shoes. Next thing you know people will be running bare floor pans and trimming calluses off of their feet. HAHAHA. Good to see you made your 400's. Hope everything checks out well.

I feel something must have happened between the 496 run and the next run that fell off. Nothing sticks out to you that might have happened during that time period is there ? You don't think a cylinder washed out when you had the fuel in the oil issue, do you ?
If you can't remember anything, just put the truck together how you had it during the 496 run and see what happens.

496 was with a regular TST/Smarty, ksb-1, and bd 155 injectors. Since then I've upgraded the TST to a competition version, gotten a slightly bigger turbo, and slightly bigger injectors. I'm wondering if I haven't weakened a couple of cylinders from either the fuel in oil or the high egt's I've seen.

Yup. And if it is I'm gonna run it until I get another vehicle and then I'm gonna rip out this VP crap and drop in a common rail.

Back