Girdle, main studs...washers?

chris lang

I'm using a girdle I bought from pure diesel power and arp standard length studs. I bottom tapped the holes and installed everything. I used the washers. I came across a thread that stated not to use washers with this girdle.
It looks like plenty of thread left to me. Can someone advise please?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 0
Why would you not use the washers if they sent them in the kit and specific to use them in the manufactures instructions? Seems to me that they are used for a reason and the company producing the product has done the laboring research to varify to use the washers vs not to. I don't think they would include them if not to be used.

Last edited:
That's basically just a thicker version of the CR block stiffener that's been machined for studs. Judging by the amount of threads protruding past the nut, I would leave it as is with the washers

Lots of thread to leave the the washers in. I'd be worried about not using the washers, as you'd likely have issues with galling when tightening, giving you a false torque. Washers will prevent that from happening.

Why did they discontinue this!? :( I want to use this girdle. Any other options like this available that don't require machine work?

Back