Glowshift

Diesel Farmer

Farm Boy
I bought the truck with a glowshift 3 in 1 gauge in it and all the wires are run but the only thing registering is the egts the boost and trans temp are not reading i dont know how to diagnose what the problem is can someone help

Do yourself a favor and get rid of them and get some Autometer or ispros...

I've got the same thing. Make sure the flug thAt has wires is plugged into the sending unit that is in your trans or intake horn what Evers not working.

I played with it tonight the sensor for the boost is bad and the egts works good is there a better gauge out there that does the same thing 3 in 1

I had the same guage, it basically was messed up out of the box! Left it in the truck when I sold it.

I've done the 3 in 1 in the last two trucks and not much for complaints here. Lucky I guess. Pretty happy with it overall except it doesn't dim down very well at night and a little hard to see the needle in bright daylight.

I guess I shouldve elaborated.. mine read acurately, but some of the led backlights were non-functional day 1. and couldnt ever get it so you could see it very good in the daylight.

We've seen no difference from switching from glowshift to autometer. 40psi on both boost gauges and 1550 egt's on the pyro.

We've seen no difference from switching from glowshift to autometer. 40psi on both boost gauges and 1550 egt's on the pyro.

for how long tho? my buddy had them. they read accurate but kept going bad and had to be warrantied over and over...

Glowshifts ran perfectly for 3 years and the truck is still running the autometers to my knowledge

I have seen a Glowshift thermocouple probe that was very hard on turbine wheels...

I dont think its a matter of accuracy, its dependabilty, they go bad so fast.

not starting an arguement! i have auto meter in my truck. little over a yr old. my pyro dont work at all. just jumps all around. chased all my wiring added ground still dont work. just sits at 150 even at wot when my snow water meth gauge is reading 800. now my rail psi gauge is acting up. cruising hwy speeds (on level road) rail gauge will move up and down real slow. all the way too 25k then fall back to normal.its weird. my buddy bought glowshift the same time not a single issue to this day. i think i would have to recomend ispros gauges too others. if you guys know what my prob could be let me know...... sorry for the long spill

Last edited:
I've had both Isspro and Autometer pyrometers fail. The 3-1 in my father's truck has been working well for the last year, my 10 series has also worked well and I just installed a 3-1 to replace my Isspro gauges. The cheaper 7 series single gauges are very problematic, it seems that about half of them go bad. The 10 series and 3-1 are more reliable, only complaint is that they're too bright even when dimmed.

Back