Go T4 or stay T3?

Mighty Goat

Slow Progression
Well, I get home in about 2 weeks. So the 03 is getting a makeover. I'm already setup 2nd gen T3 with a 3788R. I hate that turbo. I'll be running 130's and a drop in cam. I'm going to keep the tuning light and let the injectors do the work. I'm only looking to DD and tow with the truck. There is no HP goal. Just a nice useable DD. There's a few people that swear you can DD and tow with a box stock S366/73/.91 if you run it on a T4 mani. The S363/68/.91 is another option.

I'll only be in Colorado for another 6 months. Then I'll be back around sea level. What do ya'll think? Go T4 or just get a 63/68/14 T3 charger? In the end they cost about the same. I find it hard to believe a .91 T4 will spool up similar or better than a .80 T3. Keep in mind this is a stock headed 5.9CR. Not a 6.7, not a Dmax. I know I hated the SB on my 04.5, and it is cammed and has TNT-R.

yes t4 all the way the .91 is divided that .88 is open throat thats why the .91 spools better

Oh, I'm tracking on that. The .91 comes on the 66 but can be put on the 63. Did you ever run yours as a single or always sucking through that big charger? Where'd it start to spool at?

Back