Goerend Trans.

Fordpowstroke73

Hey all,

I know that this company makes a lot of trans for you guys, and I wanted to know what you guys think of them. I have talked to them about one for my Ford, but I knew the Dodge guys are who they primarily build them for. Any thoughts, comments appreciated. Thanks

Reuben

Morepower02 said:
Good question I have never heard of one in a ford???

Dave said they have some P-strokes holding from anywere 700hp and down. And a freakin sweet warranty too!! 3 year warranty!

We just sold a Goerend to a friend of ours that just bought a Ford. Anything Dave builds is awesome. That's all we run in our trucks.

Even if there is an issue with something of Daves, he will do his best to make it right. Won't give you some run around about taking it to the nearest authorized dealer to get it fixed for warranty.

Dave's top notch...

I've got some of his parts in my Ford Excursion. Granted, it is a 48RE behind a 5.9...

So I will not be dissappointed at all as it sounds. This is good news, thanks for all the replies guys!

we sell his trans out of our shop and i had a problem with a truck and i called him and he gave me his cell number and his home number and said call anytime even if is 2am he will answer and help out best he can i called about 10 pm his wife answered he helped me solve the problem one heck of a great guy nothing but good to say about him

Daves trannies and parts are awesome! And he has the customer serviceto back it up. Heck of a guy to do business with!

Just installed trans and torque convertor from Dave last month. He took the extra step and made some calls to various people to make sure my turbo and the convertor would work together on the street. He could have sold me for more $$$, but instead he told me I only needed certain things done to the trans and I would not need all the extra build. Dave is top rate for sure.

Dave may have the best products, best warranty and best prices available.

I have a converter from him, and I wanted to buy a full transmission a couple of months ago. So I emailed him a few times over the course of a week and got no response. Email's never been the best way to contact him, so I called him and got a machine. Now I didn't leave a message because I'm away from the phone for the majority of every day, but I called him at various times of the day for another week and only got a machine. Finally I called one of his distributors, who called me back a day later with the information I wanted.

I have talked with him before and he is very thorough. If I left a message I'm sure he would've called back promptly. But it highlights that Goerend's is a small company. With Suncoast you can call during business hours and get a receptionist who can answer questions or put you through to one of a hundred employees, but Dave only has so many mouths to talk out of.

If you need warranty work done, it's probably just as fast through Goerend as anywhere else. But I'm concerned about what happens if Dave comes down with food poisoning or goes on vacation.

If he did make a transmission I would have bought one. You can't beat a lifetime warranty on a converter. But I do like knowing that the company I'm buying from can survive without one guy.

Begle1 said:
Dave may have the best products, best warranty and best prices available.

I have a converter from him, and I wanted to buy a full transmission a couple of months ago. So I emailed him a few times over the course of a week and got no response. Email's never been the best way to contact him, so I called him and got a machine. Now I didn't leave a message because I'm away from the phone for the majority of every day, but I called him at various times of the day for another week and only got a machine. Finally I called one of his distributors, who called me back a day later with the information I wanted.

I have talked with him before and he is very thorough. If I left a message I'm sure he would've called back promptly. But it highlights that Goerend's is a small company. With Suncoast you can call during business hours and get a receptionist who can answer questions or put you through to one of a hundred employees, but Dave only has so many mouths to talk out of.

If you need warranty work done, it's probably just as fast through Goerend as anywhere else. But I'm concerned about what happens if Dave comes down with food poisoning or goes on vacation.

If he did make a transmission I would have bought one. You can't beat a lifetime warranty on a converter. But I do like knowing that the company I'm buying from can survive without one guy.

Thats true. Good point.

Heck called him recently and asked about loosining up my convertor and his reply was send me yours and pay the freight. That simple! A one period.

I have a full billet everything best to the max goerand in my truck. So far so PERFECT. I dyno'ed at 784 to the tires. Trans has never once made me ponder.

Love my Goerend parts!
GREAT guy to deal with. I've thoroughly enjoyed his tranny stuff! He goes overboard on helping his customers out!

Back