going from cummins to dmax...questions!

Legendarydslper

Hey guys, I might be getting a 2004.5 chevy 2500, duramax this week with the LLY.

Just wanted to see what you think about the LLY engine, and if they had any serious issues. It has 130k miles on it, MBRP exhaust and a small EFI live tune (40hp)

Thanks for any advice, and info!

Great ride Stock VVT with better pistons than LBZ/LMM. Not as simple to work on as an LB7 but doesn't have the injector issues.

Hey guys, I might be getting a 2004.5 chevy 2500, duramax this week with the LLY.

Just wanted to see what you think about the LLY engine, and if they had any serious issues. It has 130k miles on it, MBRP exhaust and a small EFI live tune (40hp)

Thanks for any advice, and info!

Nice truck, you might want to look at the "LBZ Mouthpiece" it is basically the piece that connects the turbo to the intake.

The LBZ motor got a better intake. So most guys looking for more performance install the LBZ mouth peace on the LLY motor.

careful about changing intake if it bothers airflow I changed mine and the air sensor wouldn't let engine pickup rpms without computor mods

im in the same situation. Im hung up on gettin an lbz or lly. I have heard that lly's have alot of head gasket issues? There is a nice 05 id like to have but only thing holding me back is that its still an lly? What is your all's opinions?

im in the same situation. Im hung up on gettin an lbz or lly. I have heard that lly's have alot of head gasket issues? There is a nice 05 id like to have but only thing holding me back is that its still an lly? What is your all's opinions?

Not true. Biggest problem seems to be overheating and it isn't that common. I wouldn't be scared of buying an LLY at all.

I have not heard of more head gaskets on lly's and I believe that the overheating is due to the egr system which is an easy fix. I love my truck although the six speed ally with tap shift is nice.

I like my Dmax for its ride and comfort, its taking some gettin use to how the power band is compared to my cummins. I have the LB7

I like my Dmax for its ride and comfort, its taking some gettin use to how the power band is compared to my cummins. I have the LB7

not quite the same are they :shake:

BTW LBZ is little smaller then the LLY but will spool faster..

I wish now i had looked around and found me another cummins. I do give the Dmax credit for ride comfort, but not satisfied with power band on Dmax.

I wish now i had looked around and found me another cummins. I do give the Dmax credit for ride comfort, but not satisfied with power band on Dmax.

GM likes tq management...

get rid of it.. and it will move alot nicer...

just because it "doesnt" thorugh you inthe seat dont mean it isnt gettting

Back