Going to dyno tomorrow....What edge settings to try

stimo

cnc machinist/programmer
I'm going to dyno truck tomorrow just for the heck of it. Truck wont be as impressive as last time since now I do not have the monster pump anymore. I went back to sovp for now. Just curious which setting shall I try for the most power possibly. Basically has everything in my sig but the monster and injectors but now has some used mach 6s in it right now. Also had E.D. put a race cover on turbo. I only run on levels 1-5 on my drag comp but curious if I should try any sub levels at all. I have never messed with them.

I'm going to dyno truck tomorrow just for the heck of it. Truck wont be as impressive as last time since now I do not have the monster pump anymore. I went back to sovp for now. Just curious which setting shall I try for the most power possibly. Basically has everything in my sig but the monster and injectors but now has some used mach 6s in it right now. Also had E.D. put a race cover on turbo. I only run on levels 1-5 on my drag comp but curious if I should try any sub levels at all. I have never messed with them.

Could you tell any difference with that race cover on the 64mm? Spool up, power? I thought the 64s did respond much to them from what I read.

Could you tell any difference with that race cover on the 64mm? Spool up, power? I thought the 64s did respond much to them from what I read.

I think it spools a tad sooner and the power does feel a little more with the cover. Thats just seat of the pants feeling though. Would have been nice to dyno before and after for better results.

Well just went and ran on settings 2-3-4-5 and did not mess with sub levels.
Driving on street I did not really to much of a difference I thought messing with the sub levels. Dynoed 460hp 925tq. I did have some issues on the dyno though. I beleive power should be closer to 500hp. I mean I put down 650hp with monster and now put a sovp on and lost 190hp. Something not right I dont think. As far as issues on dyno. When I was making my runs I was watching my mph and it would get up to around 90mph then drop to 70-75mph in a matter of one second. Why this is I have no idea. It did this on all four runs. All my runs even changing the chip setting stayed around 455-460hp. My question now is why did I lose that mph. I thing to know is that I have gutted out my truck a lot and the box is completly gutted with just a outter shell to still look somewhat stock. I think the problem could be with it being so light in rear. Rpm's still climbed to 3300 and never seen a drop in my rpm's.

yeah i dont understand how you lost almost 200 hp by changing pumps and injectors. was your settings the same on the edge and was it the same dyno???

yeah i dont understand how you lost almost 200 hp by changing pumps and injectors. was your settings the same on the edge and was it the same dyno???

Ran the same settings as did with the monster pump. I did the 650 on dunbars dyno but the recent 460 was done on a different dyno. Some other trucks there did think the dyno was reading about 30-40hp lower than what they have dynoed before on there same setups.

As far as I can tell the tap wire seems to be working. I could be wrong though. Any good way to tell if its not working right?

Back