Good mud tire choices

littlehandegan

I want a good 35x12.5, or 35x13.5 mud tire that looks good and is under 230bucks a tire, would also like to get decent miles out of em? any suggestions? i like the toyo mud terain but to much money:fish:

If you want mileage I would not get to aggressive, bfg's will get maybe 40k, supper swappers and the others are around 30k.

i've been through many sets of swampers and none of them last long on the road. especially on a heavy diesel. i used to run truxus m/t and now i have irok radials. i would say they last about the same length which isn't long. i think i have about 12,000 miles on them right now and they are about %50.

Heck I cannot remember what I paid for my Cooper STT 35/12.5s now..

It was either 230 a tire or 250 a tire.. But it was right in your range.

I'm about 99% certain I got them mounted and balanced with new lugnuts and valves for under $1000.

I've owned every kind of M/T known to man. My favorite all around tire is the BGF M/T KM. It's reasonably priced, quiet, lasts a long time and has thick sidewalls that don't puncture easily, that's important in South Texas when you're driving through the brush. Do not expect any kind of serious traction with any of the M/T series tires. They will not work like a TSL Super Swamper Bogger, but they also don't hop around and wear out in 10,000 miles like a Bogger does.

For me, it works out best to have a set of A/T's that I drive my truck on daily. They ride smooth, quiet and have a little more bite than a stock street radial. When I'm going to spend time offroad and I know I'll need a more aggressive tire I'll bolt my 35" Super Swampers on and get the job done. Typically I can make it through rougher spots in 2wd with my Swampers as I can in 4wd with a set of M/T's. It sounds like a bunch of work to swap tires, but I will promise you it's not as much work as spending an afternoon of winching your truck out of a creek bed. It's just something to think about.

Last edited:
I run 35 inch Buckshots. I dont rotate them like I should, but they have worn fairly well considering. I have put almost 40k on them and they are about 3 months shy of being on for 2 years. They are obviously worn, but not to the point I am scared of them yet LOL

BFG's and Toyo's are both really realiable M/T's for trucks this heavy. Honestly, though..When I worked at Big O, BFG's went for more than Toyo M/T's. This is California, though.... lol

Swampers will kill ya on mileage. And look at it this way: spend a little more now for something that'll last opposed to spending $1000+ every year...
Every other year is far better.... lol

im keeping quite 12k on mine an good so far but i do need to get a higher load rated tire cause everyother day im over 10 k on my truck alone bed loaded an squats ok but more tire wrinkle than id like like to find a set of 19.5 rims then id put some rickson on there

Back