Good setup or not...

Silver6spd

Ok this is my DD truck that I'm also building to do pull in 2.6 classes within 200miles from where I live.
2004.5 reg cab 6spd with a S400 66/74/.89, SS 2nd gen manifold w/blanket, 120's, dragonslayer cp3, ARP studs, fire ring??, fluidampr, Hamilton big stick, springs, rods, Kennys dual disk 4k lb clutch, spool-aid, smarty TNT/TST/mp-8 stack, custom ladder bars, stop blocks, weight rack w/800 lbs of weight, 33x12.5x17 STS radials, H2 rims, and me behind the wheel. This truck is always gonna be my DD but I wanna pull and have a reasonably stout truck. I'm sure I missed a couple things goin into the truck but yes the bottom end is gonna be stock and not plans of boring or putting 12v rods and marine pistons in it till I hit the powerball . Of course the truck will only pull 5-10x a year since there aren't many pulls in West TN. Lemme know what you guys think oh andtruck has 115k miles on it so it's not worn out lol..yet haha.

Dual pumps, bigger injectors, HD mainshaft in the trans will also be needed.

I figured running 120's would be somewhat better than 150's being the truck has the 3rd injection pulse and it's gonna get plenty air with the cam and the spool-aid kit. I also don't want it hazing or blacking out the intersection since I'll be driving it all the time like I already do. I thought there weren't any tranny internal upgrades on NV5600's if so please give me info where to look! Truck has stock 4.10's so spooling will be a bit easier was well and yes the tires will only be for the track.

Just the mainshaft upgrade, they usually snap once you get some power and get a good bite on the track.

driving style will make more of a difference with the smoking the intersections. i have drove with Flux 4.3 (230hp) injectors with lil haze or smoke, Unless i wanted it too. lol

Was it a 66/74 S400 or bigger? Also after talkin with Chris @ E.D. I'll still be able to tow semi heavy with this turbo and that's why I am gonna stay with 120's. I know I can get by with 150's but they'll prolly get pretty hot being it's a 66mm S400. This turbo and the manifold will have the T4 flange as well. If I can tell I need more fuel I'll prolly go to 150's or 180's and then dual cp3. I really don't want dual cp3's just alot of clutter under the hood... Simple is kinda what I was shooting for haha

you sure you need all three ? tnt, tst, and the mp8 ?????

add pushrods and tappets to the mix as well.

might consider a water injection kit for cooling on long hard grades.

sticks are going to be on the small side, I have flux 2's now, going to 3.5's with ease, and you have more air than I do.

upgraded intercooler, stockers can get overwhelemd by the heat from twins so fast.

Well I don't tow much at all weight or towing period. But if I had to pull 8k-12k lbs I'd still like to be able to do it without covering the sky with smoke. Being a manual tranny with 4.10 gears kinda helps the rpms stay high so that won't be much a problem. The cam and spool-aid(when it gets here) should help a lot. As for the TST I'll only use 2/0 or 2/1 settings nothin higher. Just to help with topend and I'll keep the rpms at about 3200 even though the head will be built for 4k rpms. I'd like to have that extra 700-800 rpms to let off the throttle if somethin goes... I'm not goin too much on this being its a DD. Dual pumps with a 66 are kinda too much in my opinion haha.

Back