GoPro video editing

Ok I have done all kinds of searching and still not sure which way to go. So I figured I would ask people that may already have some experience.

I need to get a video editing software to of course make my video's worth watching. I will end up buying a program but for now being a noob I dont want to buy yet.

So what is the best free software I can download until I get an idea of what I am doing? Or if anybody wants to give me there software just to be nice that would work too....

x2 I have used windows movie maker before, it came installed on my laptop from the factory.

I used to do wedings professionally and I always usd Adobe Premiere . . . I loved it . . .

I use Pinnacle for my video's. It takes quite a computer to run it though, FYI.

Is WMM suppose to be installed on the computer already?

Also when you say it takes a lot of computer to run that pinnacle. What do you mean. What exactly is needed? I need a new computer anyways. I'm guessing this one along with the others named you have to purchase? I just really don't want to buy one and me not ever figure it out or even care to do it and it just be a waste of money.

Well I do not know the specs on my current desktop, but here are the specs on one I was going to build last year just to be able to run Pinnacle properly.

ANTEC Nine Hundred Case (black)
COOLERMASTER 700W Power supply
EVGA P55 Motherboard
Core i7-870 Quad core CPU
8GB DDR3 RAM
4 X 500 GB SATA Drive (as 4 separate drives)
Blu-Ray Player
24X DVD-RW Drive
EVGA GEFORCE GTS450 1GB Video Card
Windows 7 Pro 64bit

The machine listed above is the minimum you would want to do any advanced editing . For personal/YouTube stuff WMM is fine. I had to download it on my win7 machine. I use that for the basic stuff.

Last edited:
What would you suggest that would be better for advanced editing? I am going to be having to get a new one this year. As I said that one was sent as a build sheet a little over a year ago.

If you don't want build a whole new machine.

Dedicated faster HDD for OS and working projects.

Add an additional video card in SLI.

Double your ram.

Blu-ray burner.

For the new build hit me up for build sheet when you get ready to build.

Definitely expect a PM from me when the time gets closer. I already have a Blu-Ray burner on my current tower, have yet to use it as a blu-ray burner though, lol.

What is a realistic budget you can work with? IIRC, most video editing software does not take advantage of SLI. A good Nvidia card, a core i5 or i7 processor, 8-16 gigs of ram, and the Adobe Creative Suite will be more than enough and hold you over pretty well for a few years. For software I highly recommend the Creative Cloud which is a subscription to the Adobe Suite, CS6 After Effects is just too much fun.

Back