Got a problem i cant figure out.

Radcustoms

So the other week i was cruising on the high way got off the highway and the truck started running really rough. Got it home my fuel pressure is good changed my fuel filters. I ran u buzz test on it all 8 injectors passed, checked all the wiring under valve covers and ontop of the motor. changed cam sensor. I also ran a cct test and 1,3,5 came up as contribution/balance fault. so i puled those injectors tips are on there still, sent them back to jim at rosewood to be flow tested everything check out. The truck idles perfect when cold but has white smoke coming out of the exhaust and has a bit of a miss. when i took it for a ride to get my temps up to run the cct test it was puring blue smoke out of the exhaust, and as soon as it warms up it runs like crap. Still waiting on a fitting to run a compression test. The truck has 230k on it i have stage 1s, aderaline oil pump put in 2 years ago, fuel system, intercooled and stock turbo with 1.0 exhaust housing. Could anyone give me an idea what contrbution/ balance fault would mean or have any ideas whats wrong. Also there is no fuel in the coolant and no coolant in the oil. Someone said a cracked oil galley is that even possiable?

Compression numbers were all right around 400 psi and up on the whole motor.

Check.....

Excess Oil in intake tube coming from turbo to intercooler? IPR nut loose? IPR sticky? IDM crapping out? Could be lots of stuff besides wiring.

I have a catch can so there wasn't really oil in there. I'll have to check the ipr. For some odd reason could not enough oil be getting to that head if the ipr was bad?

Look in the tube. If the turbo is crapping out it will push oil through the intake and into the engine. Has nothing to do with a catch can on the breather.

Look in the tube. If the turbo is crapping out it will push oil through the intake and into the engine. Has nothing to do with a catch can on the breather.

ill check but i never cleaned the pipes out when i put the catch can on. so im sure there is some oil still in the pipes and intake. would'nt it be using oil and burning it off? And wont the turbo have shaft play if the oil seal went bad on the comp side?

Last edited:
So i got the truck running again tonight. put it all back the way it came apart cleaned all my connections really good. and she runs great again. i also mightyvaced all the oil out of the heads and hpop and reprimed the whole system with fresh oil. But im still getting these codes any one know what they mean. I ran the buzz test and cct test 4 times.

P1293 High Side Open Bank No. 1 (Right)
P1294 High Side Open Bank No. 2 (Left)
P1668 PCM/IDM Diagnostic Communication Error

Back