GOT EGT's???

SCHOOL BUS

DLRA T-O
I do.

29d566c5.jpg

795be1b2.jpg

15ad03c0.jpg

12f2d079.jpg

I think I may have found out why my truck wouldn't spool on my second pass Saturday. Maybe my loss of 200hp also?

You said turbos where fine.

Last edited:
Max, went from 80 pounds boost and a 10.99 first pass of the day, to this. Lol.

When I said fine in the other thread I assumed they were because of no shaft play and still making boost. This may not of been why I lost the 200hp. Nor sure til I get it fixed and back running.

Melting point of cast is like 2300 degrees. Lol

You said something about a gate rod went south. Maybe the top Turbo blew its rod lmao, over spun till it went pop then was just getting bathed in soot and heat. Bottom charger could be okay.

My diagnosis at the track was all wrong. Thought the rod was broke but I think I broke it when poking around.

480 looks fine right now. It's off the truck but gonna pull it Apart later

I told you those egts were crazy high foo! So I see a 66/71/14 and an external gate in your future....

yeah but looking at the picks your internal gate valves were burned out trying to keep that top charger undercontrol.

Forrest, I sent glen at ED those pics and he said he'd never seen one that bad.

Strange about egts, truck seemed to have a good burn going down the track. Plus nitrous usually cools temps some.

Nitrous will cool if there's excess after the fuel is burnt.

This pump throws some serious fuel. So nitrous just made it hotter. But your right it Is very clean going down the track.

The turbine in the primary has got to be torn to hell with as much debris that went thru...

Back