GOT EGT's???

By lowering drive pressure at the secondary, and allowing the primary to handle more of the load.

Thats what I don't get. How does a bigger wheel LOWER drive pressure? Unless you mean it forces more through the gate?

I'm so lost now. Maybe I'll just run mine N/A :nail:

how does a larger straw give you more drank?

A larger straw is different than a larger wheel. I could understand a bigger housing lowering drive pressure. But I don't get how a bigger wheel blocking more air (until it spools) would lower drive pressure.

I'm not disputing this at all, I just really don't get it.

Thats what I don't get. How does a bigger wheel LOWER drive pressure? Unless you mean it forces more through the gate?

I'm so lost now. Maybe I'll just run mine N/A :nail:

The bigger turbine wheel moves more air at the top end, the op was using a 65mm IIRC which is pretty restrictive at the top end by s300 standards. We want a certain amount of drive at the bottom end of the spectrum to get the chargers going, at the top end the 71 or 73 move more air so the drive pressure ends up lower. The extra air being moved will drive the primary harder.

The bigger turbine wheel moves more air at the top end, the op was using a 65mm IIRC which is pretty restrictive at the top end by s300 standards. We want a certain amount of drive at the bottom end of the spectrum to get the chargers going, at the top end the 71 or 73 move more air so the drive pressure ends up lower. The extra air being moved will drive the primary harder.

Thats what I was getting at. Thanks man.

Larger exducer doesn't always mean more air out, especially on the bottle. The blade pitch is just much more aggressive on the 74 than the 71, the 71 likes the bottle. If the 74 wheel flows so well, why do so many companies have to clip them? I say 71, just my opinion though. Less aggresive pitch, much more open, can handle the flow and pressure a nitrous truck needs and creates.

Fair enough. My opinion was given with limited experience with the 74. I'm not a fan of the 71 with what I've seen, but I haven't sprayed it much.

Chris

Back