Got her dropped!

Finally found a stock pitman that works.

Tomorrow I'm throwing the gasser coils and new control arms in for the final 2" drop. Lets hope that goes as planned....

Got the gasser springs in. Work perfect. A little over 5in drop in the front now. Everything clears, I might even leave the bump stops in LOL The diff is the only thing close, but thats got about 4" to the oil pan, and I don't have that much flex left.

Also got new top control arms in. For now, they are set about 1/2" shorter than the stockers, as thats all we could get to work. So caster is set pretty damn close to 0*, not where I want it, but better than where it was.

I'm still using the stock lower control arms. Eventually I'm going to swap them out with the stock top control arms since they'd already be 1" shorter. Just gotta get washers because for some reason the top arms aren't as wide at the bushing as the bottom ones, about 1/4" different. There's a lot of play. Once I get that done it'll pull the axle back about an inch, and leave me with about 1/2" of clearance to the sump part of the oil pan.

Last edited:
aefd9546-8b31-0a76.jpg

aefd9546-8b95-6ea7.jpg

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Yeah, just gotta paint the grill, touch up the bed liner on the sides, and figure out what the hell I'm gonna do with the bumper. Might do a roll pan too now that I don't leave the pavement anymore.

Yeah, just gotta paint the grill, touch up the bed liner on the sides, and figure out what the hell I'm gonna do with the bumper. Might do a roll pan too now that I don't leave the pavement anymore.

You don't have to leave the pavement. What the hell are you going to do when it snows. We had it good this winter.

Wow, handling has improved so much its ridiculous. I can take the on ramp at 60 now instead of 30 and I don't feel scared at all LOL

The truck looks good man. I have been watching this thread from the start, since I want to do the same thing with my truck. Maybe not quite as low, but I plan on lowering it. I'm not sure if I missed it, but what is the width and backspacing of your rims? i'm assuming they are close to a 20x9 with close to a 0 offset? I plan on going with a 20x9 rim with a 4.5" bs. I just wonder how much room you have with the wheels fully turned before you start rubbing anything?

Also, if you hit any big bumps in the road or anything, is there going to be any issues with the driveshaft being too long?

Just curious if there is anything I need to take into consideration when I go to work on mine. Thanks

You're cutting it close to the oil pan, 1/2'' is a 1/2'' too close for my comfort.

Truck looks really good though. Would look really good with some decent tint. $.02

How do you like the half ton coils? I ran them for a while but hated how my truck handled. I felt like a bowl of jello so I was looking at doing some afco coil overs with stiffer springs. I love how low it was though.

The truck looks good man. I have been watching this thread from the start, since I want to do the same thing with my truck. Maybe not quite as low, but I plan on lowering it. I'm not sure if I missed it, but what is the width and backspacing of your rims? i'm assuming they are close to a 20x9 with close to a 0 offset? I plan on going with a 20x9 rim with a 4.5" bs. I just wonder how much room you have with the wheels fully turned before you start rubbing anything?

Also, if you hit any big bumps in the road or anything, is there going to be any issues with the driveshaft being too long?

Just curious if there is anything I need to take into consideration when I go to work on mine. Thanks

20x9, 4" bs or like a -20 offset. No rubbing, but I have a modified adjustable track bar that allows me to perfectly center the axle. A stock track bar would push the axle out the passenger side and im pretty sure the tires would rub then. Also have adjustable upper control arms to keep my caster right.

I haven't noticed any issues with driveshafts yet, but just in case im going to have them shortened 1/2" eventually.

You're cutting it close to the oil pan, 1/2'' is a 1/2'' too close for my comfort.

Truck looks really good though. Would look really good with some decent tint. $.02

1/2" would be if I brought the axle back farther, sorry for the confusion.

Id tint it darker, but cops here are anal about it.

How do you like the half ton coils? I ran them for a while but hated how my truck handled. I felt like a bowl of jello so I was looking at doing some afco coil overs with stiffer springs. I love how low it was though.

I love them, they're the shortest stock 1/2 ton coils I could find, at 15" compressed height (on a 1/2 ton). Then the 3" or so they compressed extra with the diesel weight. They don't have much room left to compress now, and ride perfect, stiffer than the shortened stock 2500 diesel coils, and still eat up bumps pretty well. Not like a sports car, but way better than stock. Handling is 100 times better as well. Turns are easy, even sharp turns.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

I love them, they're the shortest stock 1/2 ton coils I could find, at 15" compressed height (on a 1/2 ton). Then the 3" or so they compressed extra with the diesel weight. They don't have much room left to compress now, and ride perfect, stiffer than the shortened stock 2500 diesel coils, and still eat up bumps pretty well. Not like a sports car, but way better than stock. Handling is 100 times better as well. Turns are easy, even sharp turns.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
That's weird, those are the ones I have too. Even with the factory bump stops taken out it it would still bottom out on the bracket. Do yours do that? Where did you get them. I got mine from LMC.

Side.jpg

My coils might be a little lower but whatever ones you got seem to work awesome. Mine suck. If I can find some that handle like you describe I would try them again.

Back