Got My Pistons Back From Swaintech And....

EverydayDiesel

I drink diesel
I just got my pistons back from swaintech and I just noticed this.

My question is, can/should I still use this piston? These were brand new QSB pistons that I had them ceramic/teflon coated.

piston%20damage%202.png

piston%20damage%201.png

20161227_190315.jpg

Builder is closed right now, I will call them in the morning.

Last edited:
Pisses me off because I didnt ship it to them like that. I wrapped every piston individually in bubble wrap AND then all together in bubble wrap (I went overboard)
Everyone makes mistakes, I just hope they own up to it. I will call them tomorrow.

Last edited:
Joking right?
Obviously being brand new I would hope someone would own up. I've always sent mine to polydyn in houston and they're packaging is always done proper.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I am going to pick up a new qsb piston from cummins today. Swaintech will cover the cost of the new coating but I am out the price of the extra piston + shipping to them. It sucks but it happens I guess.

That's BS. They should either pay for it out of pocket and admit they damaged it, or call you when they first get the piston to say "hey, you sent us a messed up piston," either way it's on them. I'm assuming that was done at a place that's used to handling pistons, how can they say they didn't notice that?

How was it shipped? Was there damage to the box like the shipper damaged it? If not they would be buying me a new piston and coating it on their dime.

I'm not sure how everyone can be so quick to blame the coating company with even seeing the packaging...

Back