Got myself a 2008 with a 5.9

12valve

Diesel Boy
I havent been to the forum much lately. Due to not much time playing around with diesels anymore, and getting married.... performance has moved on and i still have a six-gun :evil im kidding

So i got a 08 ram with a 5.9. yes thats right, Mexico didnt get the 6.7 engine untill the new 2010 model.

Problem is it seems a bit low on power. Its completely stock. and in a race it looses about 5 truck lengths vs an american 06 cummins thats stock too.

What should i be looking into?

EFI live and see if they can get you a clean stock tune from an American model then build from there

Let's see some pics. I like the Mexican trucks.

You have any Ram Chargers or SUV with the Cummins in them down there?

See if a dealer in San Diego or where ever your from can flash the ecm with a U.S. tune then check the basics fuel and air filter to start. Also see if it's the 325 H.O. motor.

See if a dealer in San Diego or where ever your from can flash the ecm with a U.S. tune then check the basics fuel and air filter to start. Also see if it's the 325 H.O. motor.

If I recall he is pretty far into Mexico for that.

I would assume its a can bus Ecm. If Mexico is 4 years behind on emmisions they may also be on 4 years behind on engine electronics. Post the esn and I'll run it through quickserve to make sure it has the right Ecm.

We have been tuning a truck in Brazil that actually had an american OS from the factory.

I tuned an '06 in East TX that had an 08 Mexican calibration in it :confused:

Sounds like that one might be a little "hot". I tuned one that was an 07 with an 03 VIN number:badidea: took me a little while to figure out why the security kept shutting it down.

So does your 5.9 have the 48RE or the 68RFE?
48RE

You have any Ram Chargers or SUV with the Cummins in them down there?
Not from factory :evil

its got the 325 HO
If I recall he is pretty far into Mexico for that.
Bout 3.5 hrs from texas/new mexico

I assume the dealer could put a us flash in the truck, It certainly can be done with EFI Live. It would not surprise me if it already had a US calibration.

so we installed a Diablosport powerpuck. no added power, it smoked a lot even at idle and had a loud knocking noise. Same pressure box works well in a 06
:-/

I tuned an '06 in East TX that had an 08 Mexican calibration in it :confused:

Sounds like that one might be a little "hot". I tuned one that was an 07 with an 03 VIN number:badidea: took me a little while to figure out why the security kept shutting it down.

I assume the dealer could put a us flash in the truck, It certainly can be done with EFI Live. It would not surprise me if it already had a US calibration.

sometimes when you see the US trucks with a Mexican flash it is for things like running the fog lights and high beams at the same time...
http://carbonitecummins.com/Documents/Fog%20Lights.pdf

i have the diablosport and it definitely increased the top end. wonder why it wasnt working on your truck

Back