gotta be my buddies....

spike00

my buddies and i are going to run our trucks here once mine is finished up. i need some advice on beating them.

i have 24v so vp with 200s s357/s475 port and polished head (stage 3 with side runner intake) head studs, 110# valve springs and HD push rods. fass 150 built trans ( no shafts that i know of) lock up switch. 4.10 gearin (35x10.5 bald swaper tsl radials)

buddy #1 has a 12v 200s and an s357 turbo DD clutch and a welded rear end (4.10)(35x12.5 BFG A/t

buddy #2 has an 03 common rail with stacked chips (predator and mp8) DD clutch.
(trail grapplers 35x12.5)

How do i beat them? they swear they'll eat me alive by a whole second #1 has 6k in the truck)price of truck) #2 has 15k (price of truck) in his truck and i have 24k (12k of it has been to mods....)

Last edited:
Do you have a box on your truck? I don't see one listed. You should beat a manual truck easy those dd clutches don't like to shift fast

drag comp sorry. should i do 4x4 take off or? when do i lock my convertor?

You will blow the doors off buddy #1 and should still beat #2 by a good bit.

My 12 valve with the super hx 40 was able to outrun a poorly tuned 12 valve with hx35/3b twins and a whole lot more fuel.

Doesn't really apply other than 12 valves if tuned right can haul some ass with little turbos. So BEWARE.....LOL

You will beat both... dont break any shafts. I would launch at 5-10psi, those twins should still spool pretty quick and not dog your launch. There is no way that both those trucks will run with you if thats all they have done. A manual truck with a DD needs a hell of a lot of power to run with an auto to catch up between shifts. Post up a video!

heres a funny story on why i think i have shafts. i bought the truck not knowing what was done to trans besides vavle body and triple disk tq convertor. anywho i added twins etc then i found a switch and turned it on. my trans was "locked". not knowing at the time it was a tq convertor switch i drove for about 2 months on a locked tq convertor. i think it will hold 2 races.

so a 10 psi launch and lock at 2700 rpms should do the trick? haha

Your truck would have stalled if you went from park to first with a locked aftermarket converter...

Last edited:
Your truck would have stalled if you went from park to first with a locked aftermarket converter...

it did. i had to start it in 2ed gear then shift to drive then shift to OD. to slow down u had to shift up to "N" turn OD off then shift into 2ed. big ol pain in the butt :doh:

it did. i had to start it in 2ed gear then shift to drive then shift to OD. to slow down u had to shift up to "N" turn OD off then shift into 2ed. big ol pain in the butt :doh:

You didn't think of putting the switch down?...you know just for kicks? If I had to drive my truck like that I would have tried to figure out why.

I retract my previous statement...launch with a large amount of PSI and you will win...large amount.

Good luck on your race(s).

You didn't think of putting the switch down?...you know just for kicks? If I had to drive my truck like that I would have tried to figure out why.

I retract my previous statement...launch with a large amount of PSI and you will win...large amount.

Good luck on your race(s).

:rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot: Bryce!!!

Back