Gotta new toy

bad azz brett!!! good to see progress and if you want anything let me know.. let me know when your are going to run it too..

That truck is looking good Brett! It looks like my truck's big brother lol. I'm glad you posted the pics, now I know the slicks I was looking at will fit.

IMG_0012.jpg

what's the BS on those wheels, and the tire size?
I'll try to measure the BS and width when I get a chance, I don't remember if they're 16x10 or 16x12 M/T Classics. The slicks are M/T ET Drag 33.0/10.5-16W

When do you plan on taking it out Brett?

bad azz brett!!! good to see progress and if you want anything let me know.. let me know when your are going to run it too..
I'm hoping to swap out the open carrier for a Powr-Lok or Trac-Lok this weekend, If that happens I may go to the track next week.

That truck is looking good Brett! It looks like my truck's big brother lol. I'm glad you posted the pics, now I know the slicks I was looking at will fit.
Thanks, mine may also get a shortbed in it's future. The only thing I wonder about is how much the tire diameter expands while heating the tires up, as well as high speed. IIRC I have about 3" from the wheel wells to tires front and rear.

I'll try to measure the BS and width when I get a chance, I don't remember if they're 16x10 or 16x12 M/T Classics. The slicks are M/T ET Drag 33.0/10.5-16W

They are 16x10 and the BS is 4 7/16"

You will have plenty of clearance at 3"

They are 16x10 and the BS is 4 7/16"
I figured that you probably knew. I'm guessing those wheels went faster on your truck than they'll ever see on mine.

How's your truck coming, are you taking it to the track anytime soon?
Looks great Brett!
Thanks, the CalTracs worked out well, but I did end up having to press the aluminum bushing. Now I just need to get the posi in so I can try to make it hook.

Cole has been busy and out of town a lot with the drag car that he crews for. He has been working on his truck when he has time but still a lot of things to do to get it legal for 9's. Not sure when we will have it out but I know we will be at Redding for sure.

Thanks, mine may also get a shortbed in it's future. The only thing I wonder about is how much the tire diameter expands while heating the tires up, as well as high speed. IIRC I have about 3" from the wheel wells to tires front and rear.

I have the 2 top leafs and the bottom overloads in the back of mine and I think I should have plenty of room. The slicks I was planning on grabbing are 31x10.5 15's. I want to pull my overloads but I am worried the bars on my caltracs willbe just a hair too long.

Cole has been busy and out of town a lot with the drag car that he crews for. He has been working on his truck when he has time but still a lot of things to do to get it legal for 9's. Not sure when we will have it out but I know we will be at Redding for sure.
:bang Sorry Cory, I guess I wasn't paying enough attention to realize that you answered the wheel question.

How's your truck doing, did you get a new engine in it yet?

:bang Sorry Cory, I guess I wasn't paying enough attention to realize that you answered the wheel question.

How's your truck doing, did you get a new engine in it yet?

I just picked up an engine last week and got it all stripped down, probably gonna take it down to the machine shop in a week or two. I would like to have it done in time for Redding.

Make sure to keep us all posted when you get a chance to take the truck out to the track!

That's an awesome project...What is the budget of it.....?
I paid $4500, but I imagine it will turn into an endless money pit.

I just picked up an engine last week and got it all stripped down, probably gonna take it down to the machine shop in a week or two. I would like to have it done in time for Redding.

Make sure to keep us all posted when you get a chance to take the truck out to the track!
Sounds like we both have some work ahead of us, Redding is my goal too.

I haven't had much time to work on the truck lately so I still have a long list of things to do. The Redding event is coming up too fast for the truck to be completely done, but I'll still have it there.

My main concern with the truck has been a death wobble that happpened a couple of times during 100mph+ runs(on a "closed course":hehe:). I seemed to have tracked it down to play in the steering box and wheel bearings with a little too much play. The tie rods, steering stabilizer, box, control arm bushings, and ball joints all have less than 10k miles on them. I adjusted the worm gear and sector shaft to get the play out of it.

I've checked out, flushed, and adjusted the brakes to make sure that they work well. Front and rear have fairly new calipers, pads, rotors, shoes, drums, and Chevy 1 ton wheel cylinders. Tonight I checked to see how well it spooled while on the brakes. I was shocked to see that I was able to build 40 psi of boost with no tire spin:evil

I decided to check the timing tonight since it sounded a lot higher than the 27* that the previous owner supposedly set it at, come to find out it was actually at 42*:doh:. I ended up dropping it down to 27* and now it has DDP4's and 024DV's.

Back