Govenor Spring identification??

sdime89

sdime89
Im tryin to figure out for sure if i have govenor springs already installed in my truck Because i want to get 4ks. my truck now free revs to 3200 and under load right to 3000 runnin like 110 mph. i want to know so i can just buy the inner spring instead of the whole set thank you for any help

maybe other trucks i have driven that are stock only rev to 2600 under load and free rev like 2750 wish they had part #s on them to know for sure

Hmm, stock trucks I have paid attention too have behaved like you described.

Take your springs out, count how many are in tehre and then report back... easiest way to tell. I know my engine would rev over 4500 free load with 4k kit. Just take the plunge, don't mess with it and spend $90 bucks on a PB 4K kit and you will be happy.

just wish there was a way to know for sure so i aint wastin money buyin the whole set

Take your springs out, count how many are in tehre and then report back... easiest way to tell. I know my engine would rev over 4500 free load with 4k kit. Just take the plunge, don't mess with it and spend $90 bucks on a PB 4K kit and you will be happy.

x2 A two piece seat means stock. Aftermarket kits have a one piece seat.

Sounds stock to me. My truck would free rev to ~3400 stock but I have a 215 pump.

Back