Governor Pressure Selenoid GM or Borg warner

JakeDiesel

Im looking to replace my governor pressure solenoid because of a shuttle shift, and I was wonder which one is better, or recommended. The truck is still stock for now just got it last summer and want to take some precautionary steps before I put a programmer on it.

Borgwarner is better than factory, but if u don't mind spending the money then the GM conversion is awesome!!!
dynuruha.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea they work great no matter what, the GM solenoid is way more reliable

I went to the GM solenoid and have had no issues since. Even on stock it will help.

It's not just the solenoid, it's a whole conversion kit to be able to run the GM style solenoid. The GM solenoid is way more reliable and if you have to replace it later it is cheaper than the original governor solenoid.

The GM solenoid handles higher line pressures

In performance units the pressure can flood the Dodge solenoid and cause a no shift condition at full throttle

I've been running the GM conversion kit for 4 years

It's not just the solenoid, it's a whole conversion kit to be able to run the GM style solenoid. The GM solenoid is way more reliable and if you have to replace it later it is cheaper than the original governor solenoid.

Do you have a part # for the gm selenoid?

Not from GM, Transtar # is 34435B, I think A&Reds # is 5A-405B

No problem, let me know if u have any more questions

How would you compare the gm solenoid to the Bord Warner one, Or are you considering thw BW a stock replacement? From pics the BW looks a lot bigger than the oem solenoid.

Sub. Got a truck that needs one, its stock other than a Smarty, I'm thinking BW just because of price.

I use the Borgwarner on every rebuild, I would never use the stock oem solenoid. I really like the GM conversion, especially for performance applications. I built a 48RE today and that is what I installed. The design of the GM solenoid is better than the design of the Borgwarner oem style solenoid. Both of the solenoids I use are manufactured by Borgwarner. The GM is my favorite, but sometimes it's hard to get the customer to spend the extra money.

I use the Borgwarner on every rebuild, I would never use the stock oem solenoid. I really like the GM conversion, especially for performance applications. I built a 48RE today and that is what I installed. The design of the GM solenoid is better than the design of the Borgwarner oem style solenoid. Both of the solenoids I use are manufactured by Borgwarner. The GM is my favorite, but sometimes it's hard to get the customer to spend the extra money.

What's a good place to buy one and get it fast?

Back