Grand Cherokee gets a 4bt

bosshogg

Running with the best...
Long story short I found a Jeep Grand Cherokee with a blown up 4.7 V8. I also found a 4bt and NV4500 and I already had a transfer case, and I needed a 4X4 that would get good mileage. I will let the pictures tell the story. Just got started this weekend...
photobucket-28484-1329134210998.jpg

photobucket-28360-1329134264670.jpg

photobucket-27933-1329134287117.jpg

This is gonna be one sweet ride! Cant wait to watch the build unfold!!

dang, tons more room in those things around the front axle compared to durangos.
i hope it turns out well!

Last edited:
Cool I like seing prodjects go together from the start with pictures.

Dale

injectors is kinda vague, 4 injectors would be more precise. The question is, how many turbo's will go on it?

The 4bt specs out as a 120hp version with the water/air intercooler. I'll be putting a single HX35 on it, because I have it laying around. The goal (at least for now) is for it to be my daily driver mileage getter. I have a NV241DLD from my truck I am going to use. I have to figure out how to get the rear output adapted down to the 13xx series U-joint on the rear axle. The 4bt is torn down at the moment, and I am collecting rebuild parts. I have no clue how many or how few miles were on it, but the cylinders and pistons look and measure excellent, just a hone job, some rings and bearings and put it back together!!!

If it uses the same yoke as a 47rh/47re 2wd than any yoke for a 727 trans will work. I pulled the drive shaft out of my 73 chrysler wagon and it fit very snug and perfect on my 2wd 47rh that is going in the car. And 1350 u joint forged steel and billet yokes are available for that.

Back